Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Needing front door hinge

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Needing front door hinge

Post by luvrbus »

Van, lets build you a plug door those are neat on a Eagle and not everyone has those be diffferent buddie LOL

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

That would be fine Clifford you me put a welder in my hand LOL :lol: Eric , thanks but I think Dale can get it @ a reasonable price.
Haven't decided whether it should have the holes in it, or with out. I never welded stainless before, what should I expect in welding these to the frame, temp wise as well as what is the preferred method,ie,stick,tig, mig? still green with the tig. thanks
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hey wait a minute :D Clifford didn't you say I could use my hardware for the Plug? :?
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

I used ss button head screws to attach to the door and frame. My thought was that it may have to be removed sometime. I think it was a 1.5, or 2" ss hdg.

Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks for the pics Eric, I suppose that is a big factor to consider also(door removal). There are so many choices available right now,I think I will wait till after the rally to decide on which ave to take. One thing I do favor however will be to clean up the entry area of all the unnecessary air lines . Good things to come for sure, and I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into the meat and potatoes of our conversion.Be safe all :)
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Van, You Can Use A Aluminum Spool Gun On A Mig Welder. This Works Good.

For A Really Pretty Controled Weld....
Un-Green :mrgreen: Yourself And Break Out The Tig. :P

Im Sure You Have A Lot Of Help Out There Already Van But, If Your Ever Around The Denver Area You Are Welcome To Bring Your 15 To My Shop......And We.......Will GET-ER-DONE ( Clifford On Phone ) :lol: :lol:
10-4 BROTHER.

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
silvereaglejerry15
Bus Model: [IMG]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/silvereaglejerry15/DSCI1881-2.jpg[/IMG]
1988 Model 15

Post by silvereaglejerry15 »

I bought mine from Mcmaster Carr but Bus parts price is cheaper, i wish i had knew that a few months ago.........!...lol