Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1972 05 8v71 just $1 in CL

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

1972 05 8v71 just $1 in CL

Post by busdriver58 »

Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Re: 1972 05 8v71 just $1 in CL

Post by MrBreeze »

:lol: :lol: I Just Called The Guy In Texas On This Eagle. The Bus Has Been Sitting For Years And Needs Some Work :P

So I Said....Hey Buddy. Would You Take 75 Cents :lol: :lol: He Said NO..$7500 :shock:

He Is Sending Me Pictures Tomorrow. The Inside Of The Bus He Said Was All Junk And Needed Torn Out. Also Needs Tires Real Bad.

To Mucho Mulla For Me In That Condition. But, Pictures Will Help 10-4

Thanks Houlio For Feeding My Un-Controlible Compulsive Addictive......
Need For BUS.:? :roll: :oops:

8-) MY MAN 8-)

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Re: 1972 05 8v71 just $1 in CL

Post by MrBreeze »

Heres A Email That Was Just Sent To Me...

Hey John:

Will send pictures tomorrow.
Since I'm on the computer I will give you the "low down" on the bus
I bought it in 93 and drove about 30k a year till '96.
Engine was always strong. Tranny rebuilt, but the mechanic left the pencil gear out of the speedometer. Exhaust manifold on dirvers side needs new stud bolts. Had an exhaust elbow made for that side as well. Rebuilt the starter and air compressor. Fuel tanks leak. Slack adjuster passenger rear won't hold. Brakes lines need a thorough flush and new moisture accumulator perhaps. No power steering. Some windows were pulled and covered with sheet metal. Not all the luggage racks were removed. King pin on passenger side needs service.(tire wear rt frt) No water leaks on the drip rail. One piece door. Original caps that have rusty spots. Needs paint. Tires on rear are marginal. Put new 8D batteries in 4 years ago. One new muffler, Generator, Miter box, heater fans good. Replaced the heater core. Probably needs shocks. Torsilastics and rear end are in great shape. Needs a couple of reflectors. As the pictures will show, the bumpers and skin are pretty good. Doors and bays are better than average. Glass is good all around. Replaced a few hoses and solenoids her and there.

I will get you pictures as soon as I get some decent weather to take them.

Best regards,

Les

So As You Can Tell This Baby Needs A Lot Of Work !! :shock:
Maybe Someone Out There Will Be Interested In This Eagle?? But It Wont Be Me..I Dont Think.????

I Wil Post The Pictures Once I Recieve Them 10-4...10-4

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500