Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Ebay today 89 -15

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Ebay today 89 -15

Post by van »

Hi Dale, no I didn't see that! :? that is pretty odd set up for a single door :shock:
OK Dan, who's idea was that? :lol: I see what you mean Clifford about the plug ;)
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Thats not the way the door actually opens, I suspect the idler arm is disconnected. The door actually pushes out and then pivots towards the rear of the bus, similar to a pantograph door. When the door closes, it comes in and then lifts up into some jams to keep the door tight.

Eagle came out with these doors in 1988-1989. They were to replace the high labor costs of fitting the bi-fold doors. However, these doors were about $3,000.00 each. The door itself is one of the best doors ever made and it seals very nicely with absolutely no wind noise. I would not use the air controls that came with this door as they are very difficult to adjust and keep in adjustment. Eagle put this one piece door on several motorhomes with two hinges as a manual opening door and it was lightweight and sealed very good. I would recommend making it a manual door.

The door was made by Bode Corporation, a German owned company located in South Carolina. They are still in business but there is know telling what kind of money they get for these doors today.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

As Dan said those are nice doors I have a friend that has one
Looks like they do have idler arm disconnected because they don't open like that.
They open very much like the rear 1/2 of a split door neat I think

good luck
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I figured it was supposed to be something like a Setra door but just had something missing...

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Bode Corporation made most of the doors for the European buses.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Julio, DDEC I was created before there was an industry standard (SAE J1587). It is a dual computer system with an ECM and what was called an EDU that controls the injectors. While I have heard they can be updated, I can't find any details. I have not heard of any specific problems, but it is pretty limited in features and I would think electronic parts will be hard to get.

It is hard to get a history time line, but it looks like DDC offered the DDEC I from 1985 to 1987 and then they switched to DDEC II. Apparently they also offered mechanical engines during that same period. In buses it would appear that you can't tell for sure whether it is mechanical or DDEC in the period from about '85~~'92.

DDC has a kit that will update the electronic components on a DDEC II to a DDEC IV for the Series 60 engine (R23529490). This kit includes some transducers that are not in the DDEC II configuration. This kit does not mention DDEC I. I suspect there are kits for the two strokes DDEC II engines as well.

I am not sure how Clifford knows that the engine is mechanical, but he is seldom wrong.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Jim, thanks a lot, this was very instructive because I know nothing about diesel engines.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

I just noticed that there were additional photos on the Photobucket link. Those show the engine.

Clifford knows his engines. I can't see enough details to figure out if it is a mechanical or DDEC engine. Looked for the governor, but did not see it in the typical location that I am familiar with.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Jim in the third engine photo I can see the throttle linkage and two return springs, yup! it's a MUI ;)the DDEC unit would sit on top of the governor housing :) .
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Wow Van. The student has been paying attention to the professor!! :D

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO