Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Windshield Wipers

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Richard M
FMCA #: 166720
Bus Model: 1967 05 Eagle

Windshield Wipers

Post by Richard M »

Looking for complete air operated windshield wiper assembly for the RH Side, (Drivers Side) on my 01 Eagle. Need, Air Motor and Complete Mounting Hardware that motor mounts to. Mine is totally worn out and I'm not ready to replace it with a new elect. operated unit yet
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Windshield Wipers

Post by rusty »

Richard, Call Bus services in Kansas 888-287-3499 John will have the motor. Not sure if he will have the mounts. If not call Jefferson's in OK, Ed will have what you need. 405-272-0213

Good luck Wayne
Eagle 20
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
6V92 DDEC II, Allison HTB748

Post by Eagle 20 »

Richard, another option in addition to the those from Wayne is Rome Truck Parts http://www.rometruckparts.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have used them several times and they provided accurate, good and fast service. They offer parts, new units and rebuilt units. I last bought a rebuilt unit and it worked perfectly. Good luck!
Greg Roberts
New Mexico
1989 Eagle Model 20
6V92 DDEC II, Allison ATEC HTB 748
http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Richard M

Post by Richard M »

Richard M wrote:Looking for complete air operated windshield wiper assembly for the RH Side, (Drivers Side) on my 01 Eagle. Need, Air Motor and Complete Mounting Hardware that motor mounts to. Mine is totally worn out and I'm not ready to replace it with a new elect. operated unit yet
Thanks for the suggestions on where to buy the parts..
Here is where I'm at so far on my air operated wiper repair. after pulling the L.H. Air Motor and mount I first noticed that the Mounting needed some serious repairs and clean up.. All the brass bushings were completely shot and the assembly was binding up when operated. I totaly rebuilt the mount with new bushing etc. That part works like a dream now... However I'm still having a problem. The L.H. Wiper only works in on direction and will not return on it's own power. Does anyone have any experance with this? Do I need to take the motor apart and clean it up or could the problem be in the air control valve?
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Richard , I had the same problem with mine , I took the motoe assembly apart and cleaned it up put some lithum S/p grease in there and bingo problem sloved. I still have to do the right side. you might consider a regulator as well per Clifford . FWIW good luck . Andy
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Richard M

Post by Richard M »

Eagle Andy wrote:Hey Richard , I had the same problem with mine , I took the motoe assembly apart and cleaned it up put some lithum S/p grease in there and bingo problem sloved. I still have to do the right side. you might consider a regulator as well per Clifford . FWIW good luck . Andy
Thank you Andy, I will take the motor apart and clean it all up later today and then see what happens... I will let you know the results. Just hope that a whole bunch of springs etc. don't jump out at me in the process :lol:

Richard
Last edited by Richard M on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Richard , I should have mentioned that you won't take the motor apart there is a shaft the runs thur the motor . there is a clip that you remove and I took some emery paper and shined the shaft it really is pretty simple just time consumming . anyway let un know good luck . Andy
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

The old air motors made by Sprague and Air Push had metal (pot metal) controllers but in later days they started making them out of plastic. When they get old and brittle they usually crack around the fitting ports. I always tried to find or keep the metal controllers around. If you can't get it to perform, the controller is probably toast. As cheap as they are I usually just replaced the whole unit with a reman from MCI or IBP. Eventually, we converted all our MC-9's to electric. Game over.
Richard M

Post by Richard M »

UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!! Thanks to all for your input. I ended up completly taking the motor apart and cleaning it, the main problem turned out to be the O-rings on the two pistions were bad, replaced them, greased all the parts and now the wiper runs like new... Now all I have to do is over haul the R.H. one....Someday.

Richard
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Cool , Glad you got it going :D I love it when a plan comes together :arrow: