Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Skinning Question and Bus for Sale Question

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
tomk
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F40691
Bus Model: Eagle model 10 1982

Re: Skinning Question and Bus for Sale Question

Post by tomk »

We haven't skinned our bus yet.
Still researching and trying to get some good idea's before
we start.

We still haven't figured it all out yet.

Tom
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Mine was an insurance job, so it doesn't bother me to tell you the cost. In February, 2003 it was almost 17 grand. Be aware at that time, the aluminum siding (mirror finish they got from International Bus Parts) was about $8000 and using mono-bolts the rivets (almost 10,000) cost nearly $4000. As you can see, the total of those two items ran almost 12,000 or about 70% of the total.
Today is going to be significantly different. As I understand things, the cost of materials is up significantly, but the economy may help on the labor side.
Hope this helps some.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

About All I Can Say Is ...WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks For Sharing.

10-4
JOHN 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500