Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 4/20/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com (This link seems to work for my outlook email, but may not work for other email platforms. If it does not load, copy and paste the link in your platform.)

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Service Manual

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Service Manual

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Fellas , Iam looking to educate myself on the 8v 92 . I find as I crawl all over this Bus and look at all the different things on this motor there are things I don't understand or do not no what things are ,how and why they do what they do. I have the CD service manual but it just doesn't cut it
Is there someplace I can find this information.
Now if it was a small block Chevy or ford Iam ok LOL anyway any Ideas would be great. Thanks Andy
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Service Manual

Post by van »

Howdy Andy, which CD do you currently have? there is a service manual for the coach and then a separate DD manual for just the 92 series ,I have the DD-92 on disc , a little cumbersome to work with at times ,would love to have the paper version for bed time reading of course. :)
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

I don't have one for the Coach just the 8V92 Iam not fond of it either . Thanks Van
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Andy, go to a local technical college and enroll in a diesel course! Just kidding, but they may have some resources that could help. Either that or get Clifford, Sonnie or Don Fairchild to come up and visit for a couple of months and tear yours apart and put it back together.

Have fun, I want to learn about my 8v71 just like you do. Maybe we should get together! :D
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Paul , I have been bugging Clifford so much that I don't want to scare him away lol . I am just kind of guy that has to get his head around things before I tear into them . And being new to theDD world I feel so inadequate when it comes to this motor.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Me Too! That's why we have clifford and sonnie! :lol:

I would love to have the time and money to tear ours down, rebuild it and put it back together.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Andy,

I may have several 92 series manuals. I am not sure if they are parts or service manuals. I will check when I get home tonight.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dan,you can't keep all those manuals stock piled in Brownsville,just isn't fair :cry: :cry: ,how about spreading the wealth :lol:
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Thanks Dan , Let me know. I would like to have one if your willing to sell me one.
silvereaglejerry15
Bus Model: [IMG]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/silvereaglejerry15/DSCI1881-2.jpg[/IMG]
1988 Model 15

Post by silvereaglejerry15 »

Hey Dan,

I would like to have Both if you have them, I had one for my model 10 but gave it to the buyer and since i have this model 15 I'm doing a lot of guessing!...lol:)