Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

motorcycle lift

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
papa2sweet
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f104222
Bus Model: 88 Mod-15 Eagle Cummings N-14

motorcycle lift

Post by papa2sweet »

overbilt hitch i install a overbilt hitch on my coach and it was suppose able me to carry my full dress harley so would have to drac a trailer all the time but we dont have much frame rails so i will have to fabericate something do any off you have any ideas on this matter if you want to see what the lift look like just on overbilt lifts .com thank inadvance
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: motorcycle lift

Post by Dreamscape »

What does the HD weigh?

If it were me I would not put a lift like that on any bus, they just aren't made to handle that kind of weight overhang like that.

I know they look cool, don't have to drag a trailer, but the overhang would scare the crap out of me. That's just me.

Tounge weight is an important thing to consider.

Maybe I'm all wet, but I would consider a trailer and be much safer.

I have seen a picture of a lift that also had one wheel, I don't know who makes it though. That I would consider.

One example I found, this is not the one I remember seeing.

I just read a thread on another board, the consensus was it's not safe, plus the fact it could put you over the legal total length.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Papa, one thing to keep in mind the uprights coming from the top in the engine compartment are not tied into the frame at the bottom and I have saw Eagles break the rails because of to much tongue weight.

good luck

Clifford
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I think I have posted this before but here is an idea. This Eagle was at the Arcadia Rally in 2007:

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Our 09' Roadglide weighs in at 840lbs,so the baggage bay is out (too tall)so too is the hitch lift.We would like to take our silverado with us that leaves us only one way, pick up bed. More to follow :D
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Here is one alternative. A lift mounted to the bed of your pick up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrR-yvHJ ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is kinda pricey, although very functional and easy to use Operated this myself last weekend. The kicker is, here is the exact Item sold thru Harbour freight at a fraction of the cost.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=99900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is some thing I need right now, I have to haul a harley at least a couple of times a week. have a fold up trailer that I have to pull out and hook up,use a ramp....bla bla bla PITA! this would make life simpler ,also takes up less room in the garage. whadda you guy's think? :)
Any one need a nice(cheap shameless plug) M/C trailer,shoot me a PM :D
papa2sweet
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f104222
Bus Model: 88 Mod-15 Eagle Cummings N-14

Post by papa2sweet »

papa2sweet wrote:overbilt hitch i install a overbilt hitch on my coach and it was suppose able me to carry my full dress harley so would have to drac a trailer all the time but we dont have much frame rails so i will have to fabericate something do any off you have any ideas on this matter if you want to see what the lift look like just on overbilt lifts .com thank inadvance
thank for your input on this matter but im kind of between the rock and the hard place i have already bought this lift and i cant get a refund selling it on ebay is out the company that make the lift is havent a hard time seelling them in this ecomany again thank for the input i guess i will keep researching the the matter