Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Compressor source?

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: new
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05

Compressor source?

Post by TexasBorderDude »

My compressor is blowing oil past the rings and into my tanks. I'm gonna replace it as soon as I get back to Texas. Haven't torn into it yet to know the part number, etc. (It's on my 8V71) Anyone know of sources for a rebuilt compressor? Jefferson?

Best

dg
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Compressor source?

Post by luvrbus »

Doyle,Eagle uses a special compressor the outlet is on the different side from most here is what you need but I forgot which is the serial or model so here are both

Bendix TU-FLO 700
I think this is model number
102151 or this other number IJ1680E
Don't forget to change the compressor drive it is made of some type fiber coated with steel.
You may have a 500 or 600 Tu-Flo but use the 700 it makes more air.
Most Truck parts or a large Napa like the Steve works at can order for you.
If not Norris will have one and for 20 bucks I would change the governor also then with your new dryer it will be good to go for years.
Check your intake filter hose also if it break it makes for a short life on the compressor.
good luck
Clifford
Sonnie Gray
Club Officer
Club Officer
FMCA #: F215907
Bus Model: 72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat, 70 0/5, 85 Model 10

Post by Sonnie Gray »

Doyle

If you are heading to Texas from Kansas, I am on the
Texas and Oklahoma border. Come on by and I will
help you with your compressor. Call me @ 903-815-2141

Catskinner!
Sonnie Gray & Lil-Bit
Pottsboro, Texas
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

? How detrimental is the oil in the air system and how far will it travel? does it only reach the first tank as Doyle described or continue all the way through the system and how do you clean it out once repaired ?I know, my time in the bucket is coming , but all I can do is ask questions in advance. Doyle, is that aux compressor of any use in your situation,or regardless of the oil ,do you still have some air pressure to work with?Ok my head hurts,thanks! All!,have a great day :D

get back safe Doyle ;)