Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Location of bus heater core/ac evaporator

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Location of bus heater core/ac evaporator

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Okay, where is the bus heater core/ ac evaporator and blower motor located ?
When this bus was originally converted The bus ac and heat were left in. The ac compressor has since been removed. I am replacing the radiator and all hoses , etc related to coolant system. I have cut loose all lines going forward, drivers heater core not installed at present. I will run new lines to it eventually.But I wish to remove all the old unused hoses and cores. The bays are completely finished off, where is the normal access to the heat/ac system. The only thing I see is a panel underneath between the boogie between the two fuel tanks.
Thanks ED
77 Model 05
SmoothJazz

Re: Location of bus heater core/ac evaporator

Post by SmoothJazz »

The heater core, evaporator and two blower motors are accessed in the third baggage bay and sit between the fuel tanks. They come out through the center of bulkhead five into the third baggage bay.
Last edited by SmoothJazz on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Daniel, Thanks for the info, but not what I needed to hear. I quess they will stay put for a while. That bay is where all the holding tanks are. I ain't going to remove all that just to take out unused parts. I disconnected all coolant lines back at engine will have to do for now. Do you know if the front heater/defrost lines splice back at the bus heater core area,maybe this ain't getting hooked back up anytime soon not knowing the shape of the lines/hoses.
Thanks Ed
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

A lot of people take those out and put water tanks in there to gain bay space. Taking something apart that is working is sometimes hard to bring yourself to do though.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN