Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** UPDATE: IMPORTANT NOTICE ****

The deactivation of the Eagles website and forum is now on hold.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum is currently in low maintenance mode which means the "registration" and "contact us" options have been deactivated.

Location of bus heater core/ac evaporator

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.

Okay, where is the bus heater core/ ac evaporator and blower motor located ?
When this bus was originally converted The bus ac and heat were left in. The ac compressor has since been removed. I am replacing the radiator and all hoses , etc related to coolant system. I have cut loose all lines going forward, drivers heater core not installed at present. I will run new lines to it eventually.But I wish to remove all the old unused hoses and cores. The bays are completely finished off, where is the normal access to the heat/ac system. The only thing I see is a panel underneath between the boogie between the two fuel tanks.
Thanks ED
77 Model 05
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member

The heater core, evaporator and two blower motors are accessed in the third baggage bay and sit between the fuel tanks. They come out through the center of bulkhead five into the third baggage bay.
Last edited by SmoothJazz on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
SmoothJazz

Daniel, Thanks for the info, but not what I needed to hear. I quess they will stay put for a while. That bay is where all the holding tanks are. I ain't going to remove all that just to take out unused parts. I disconnected all coolant lines back at engine will have to do for now. Do you know if the front heater/defrost lines splice back at the bus heater core area,maybe this ain't getting hooked back up anytime soon not knowing the shape of the lines/hoses.
Thanks Ed
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member

A lot of people take those out and put water tanks in there to gain bay space. Taking something apart that is working is sometimes hard to bring yourself to do though.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Eagle Tech