Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS ****

There is a plan in place for a new administrator who will restore and update this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum continues to be in low maintenance mode untill the new administrator is fully on board. The "registration" and "contact us" options are not active.

3 tire questions

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
3 tire questions
Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:43 pm

1) Roughly how much does a front 24.5 steel wheel and tire weight?
I am guessing 4267 lbs someone tell me if I'm close :) (thats what it felt like trying to put it in its compartment)

2) Is there an "easy way" to put the spare away? I ended up sliding it up a board and using a 4x4 as a lever until I got it in far enough to push it in.

3) I have seen posts where people are using that area for other things. where does the tire go then. Up until last night I didn't even know that spot existed.

Now I know why it was left inside the luggage area and not put away.
1969 05
8V71
4 Speed
DeBar

Re: 3 tire questions
Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:24 pm

I will answer the putting the spare away question. Don't carry one. We have a spare in the 05 and have not taken it out in 6 or 7 years. We have never had a flat. We have a monitoring system and have always been aware of a leak long before it became a problem. I quess there is always the possibility of hitting something on the road and lossing a tire. For that we carry road emergency assisstance and a credit card. Our 15 will not have a spare. If you insist on caring a spare make sure you have a strong back. :lol:

good Luck Wayne
rusty
Board Member
Board Member

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Spare tire compartment is sounding like a good place to mount the Co2 bottles for the beer taps (Heineken and coors of course!)and maybe the kegs :D :lol:
van
Club Member
Club Member

Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Van, I would be willing to bet that even if the kegs weighed as much as the wheel it would still somehow be so much easier to change them when they got "flat". :) Not that they should ever be left that long before they are empty. :)
1969 05
8V71
4 Speed
DeBar

Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:22 pm

My spare tire compartment is empty. I like Wayne's idea, call Coach Net and carry a credit card, much easier! That way you can sit back and let someone else do the work, and you could take a nap waiting for them! Works for me! ;)

I couldn't muster the strength to pull that sucker out of the hole anyway, then try to tip it up and roll it where you need it, then go about changing it. Whew, I'm pooped just thinking about it!

Paul
Becky & Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Eagle Travel Blog: https://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Dreamscape

Return to Eagle Tech