Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Tag axle toe correction Eagle 01

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Tag axle toe correction Eagle 01

Post by Jim H »

My drivers side tag is toed out 2/16" I would assume from a bent torsion tube or arm. The smallest shim available is a 1/4" which will toe the tire in 2/16"? Has anyone else had or does anyone have this problem? On a tag axle, I am thinking that toed-in would be better than toed-out. At least it would not cause the back of the bus to steer or would it make any difference? I am experiencing a great amount of tire wear on that position. The Right side tire is at zero toe. What should I do?
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
SmoothJazz

Re: Tag axle toe correction Eagle 01

Post by SmoothJazz »

Jim,

It would be better to have a little toe in rather than toe out. You should check to see if your tag axle has any shims already installed. If so, you may be able to remove those and install one set of the thicker shims and get the toe closer to zero.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Re: Tag axle toe correction Eagle 01

Post by Jim H »

Daniel, Thanks for your info...I took your advise. It was stock with no shims. So I installed a 1/16" to 1/8" shim set and I now have 1/16" toe-in. Jim
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989