Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Interface and Software for Windows

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
itchyfeet
Bus Model: Silver Eagel 05 #9662 1976
Made by Bus & Car Belgium.
Engine 1989 B10 Volvo and ZF 4HP500 4 Speed Automatic
Located in Interlaken Switzerland

Re: Interface and Software for Windows

Post by itchyfeet »

Hi Clifford,
the Volvo engine ist the point to make me scaret. i am not sure if a diacnostic plug wil by there. but if yo did seen my project pictures... my expert is not finish with the cable.
i did cut them exedently and as result i have to learn read the electric plan. sure if i get a interface and know on witch plug habe to be witch sensor, i can make it conect, but the software needs to calculate the right results.

Think maybe to make the screens in, and create a backupplug for the analog mesure thingis (dont no the name) so if the computer one day not work, i should can drive home.

but, thats future....

pesche
Pesche & Nats
Interlaken Switzerland

Silver Eagle 05 1976 #9662
Engine Volvo B10 1989
Automatic ZF 4HP500 4Speed
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

I do not have any direct information on Volvo engines.

When I research an engine, I go to Nexiq and look for compatibility with the Pro-Link. If the Pro-Liink diagnostic tool can talk to the data port, then any SilverLeaf product can get the data it needs.

The Nexiq site shows this module: http://www.nexiq.com/Catalog/product_de ... item_id=28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

The other way to tell if the engine can communicate with SilverLeaf is to determine what the data format is. Most heavy duty electronic engines communicate with what is known as SAE J1708. Some of the newer engines communicate via J1939. SilverLeaf can get the data from either format.

Pesche, if you can give me the specific engine model, I should be able to find out if SilverLeaf can talk to it. Your signature mentions a Volvo B10, but that appears to be the bus it came out of, and not an engine model.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Jim, he has a D-10 Volvo a 10 liter engine and some of those use a weird port.I could never find a pro link that would work on the ones I had in the off road trucks.

good luck

Clifford
itchyfeet
Bus Model: Silver Eagel 05 #9662 1976
Made by Bus & Car Belgium.
Engine 1989 B10 Volvo and ZF 4HP500 4 Speed Automatic
Located in Interlaken Switzerland

Post by itchyfeet »

Hello Jim,
i go this week to the volvo dude and hope find out more. But Clifford is right, i do have a 10liter 6zylinder engine from a deepfloor bus.

@Clifford, you are quaiet a Fox with Volvo Engines, how comes?

pesche
Pesche & Nats
Interlaken Switzerland

Silver Eagle 05 1976 #9662
Engine Volvo B10 1989
Automatic ZF 4HP500 4Speed