Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Interface and Software for Windows

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Interface and Software for Windows

Post by Songman »

No, you really don't, Paul. The gas mileage will kill you! I am trying to get rid of mine now to get a late model truck that hopefuly gets better mileage. Guys who spend a lot of money to make them more efficient can never get better than about 12 on the highway. They are definitely cool rigs, just not practical. And that guy in Texas rebuilds them and offers them in the upper 20s. Crazy!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

All I want to know is can it climb the side of a mountain? :)
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

I have the Silver Leaf VMSPC that monitors my engine. I use a 10 1/2" Sony Vaio PC that has Windows XP. With this system, you can virtually select any sort of sensor you want. It comes with the software and the interface cable to connect to your engine's computer diagnostic connector. I absolutely love it. I run it continuously with my GPS as well. There are others around using it as well. I run a Cummins 450 HP ISM, but as far as I know, the system runs with any electronic engine.

You can contact Jim Shepherd, on this website, as he is a dealer for the Silver Leaf products.

Hope this helps.

Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

What format does the Volvo system use I have seen those in Prevost Bus,Mack and Volvo trucks all the engine manufactures have there own system that does the same or more. Sliverleaf is a aftermarket unit and a good unit both in price and service but there are others out there but i don't know what format they use.I love the Tech Link system but not the price it is a amazing unit working in Windows. good luck

Clifford
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: new
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05

Post by TexasBorderDude »

busdriver58 wrote:
van wrote:... FWIW(for what it's worth)...
Thanks Van today also learned something new!
Julio, imho the best place to go to figure out computer acronyms is
tucaa (The Ultimate Computer Acronym Archive) have fun.... http://www.acronyms.ch/searchResults?searchText=imho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dg
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Julio, imho the best place to go to figure out computer acronyms is
tucaa (The Ultimate Computer Acronym Archive) have fun.... http://www.acronyms.ch/searchResults?searchText=imho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dg
Thanks a lot, very helpful!
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

I have a lot of bells and whistles on my bus. But I think that the best money on any item that I've spent is the Silverleaf 400 that I have. I lusted after the digital dash but in the end just could not swallow the 12k price (reduced to 10k for the installer). I have visited Silverleaf and looked at their products and had them demonstrated for me. Real nice folks with a bullit proof product. Because the information that comes over my screen is so extensive, I elected to just have minimal analog guages for redundancy. Don't even have a speedo or tach. I drive by my Silverleaf. Give up something else and get yourself one if you have an electronic engine (mine's an ISM 450). And get it from one of our own, Jim Sheppard. Over and out.
itchyfeet
Bus Model: Silver Eagel 05 #9662 1976
Made by Bus & Car Belgium.
Engine 1989 B10 Volvo and ZF 4HP500 4 Speed Automatic
Located in Interlaken Switzerland

Post by itchyfeet »

Boomer, great looking bus...

thanks for the info, will check ot the specs of your system tomorrow. think silver leaf is still the thing to have.

pesche
Pesche & Nats
Interlaken Switzerland

Silver Eagle 05 1976 #9662
Engine Volvo B10 1989
Automatic ZF 4HP500 4Speed
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

I forgot to add that I bought VMSpc software and connector cable directly from Silver Leaf in Oregon ( Jim Shepherd was not yet a dealer) for less than $500.00 about 4 years ago. As said by others, it could be used without any other engine gauges. Mine won't pick up air pressure, true fuel tank level, but it sure does get a lot and it is very accurate and reliable.
I can strongly recommend it, and agree it is pretty much bullet proof.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Pesche,does your Volvo engine have the CAN wiring on it I know the SliverLeaf will not work on a Volvo marine engine if it is equipped with CAN they use the EVC unit made by Volvo.
Jim can get answers for you but I have never saw a Sliverleaf in a Volvo Truck with a Volvo engine D-12 or D-13 there is a lot of European,American and Japan made electronic engines in the past it won't work with. good luck

Clifford