Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Interface and Software for Windows

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
itchyfeet
Bus Model: Silver Eagel 05 #9662 1976
Made by Bus & Car Belgium.
Engine 1989 B10 Volvo and ZF 4HP500 4 Speed Automatic
Located in Interlaken Switzerland

Interface and Software for Windows

Post by itchyfeet »

Still creating my new Dashboard, but still have a dream.

The Volvo Engine and the ZF Automatic dos bring everything Electric (Speed, Tempatur, Pressure and and...)

My Dream is to manage the Bus over a Touchscreen based on a Windows PC

Does somebody get expirience with Interface and Software or idea wehre to search?

Thanks
Pesche
Pesche & Nats
Interlaken Switzerland

Silver Eagle 05 1976 #9662
Engine Volvo B10 1989
Automatic ZF 4HP500 4Speed
itchyfeet

Re: Interface and Software for Windows

Post by itchyfeet »

If Microsoft made cars

At a recent COMDEX, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon." In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.
6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five per cent of the roads.
7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.
8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
9. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.
10. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.
11. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.
12. Everytime GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
13. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pesche & Nats
Interlaken Switzerland

Engine Volvo B10 1989
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Aint that the truth! I just don't understand why they can't just fix the stuff instead of creating totaly new OP. The Jeep Wagoner is a good example, same parts for over 20 years. A door off a 60 model would fit a 80 model. That just makes too much sense! :shock:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I have a friend that uses the Tech Link system in his Eagle Bus controls and montors the whole bus I think he paid over 25 grand for the system and it runs on windows. Check with Jim on the board here he sells the SilverLeaf system for around 500 I think.Love the Silverleaf glass dash but they are pricey. good luck

Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Good example, Paul,

My 1980 Wagoneer Limited is almost exactly like my 1990 Grand Wagoneer.

Image Image

There was another company that found something that worked and stuck with it for years too... I think it was called Silver Eagle. Seems to me that they have an awful lot of parts over the years that will interchange.

Pesche, I agree with Clifford. Talk to Jim (rv_safetyman). He sells the SilverLeaf stuff and will probably know the compatibility. Obviously the stuff is easy to hook up to a Detroit/Allison combo but a Volvo/ZF might be a little more tricky.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dale FWIW(for what it's worth)the one on the right looks cleaner LOL :lol:
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Yeah, that's the workhorse 80 Wag. Still has all the leather and bells and whistles like the 90. But this one has a real 4x4 system instead of that silly Quadratrac like the 90 has. The 90 is more like a limo comaratively. A big ole 8 mpg limo! I laugh when people complain about the fuel economy of their bus when I get about the same with my Jeep!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

van wrote:... FWIW(for what it's worth)...
Thanks Van today also learned something new!
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
itchyfeet

Post by itchyfeet »

Thanks,

The Glass Dash from Silverleaf its a kind of my dreams. :P

I will contact Jim

Merci
Pesche & Nats
Interlaken Switzerland

Engine Volvo B10 1989
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Dale, there is a guy here in Texas that collects, restores, sells Jeep Wagoneer. He has about 200 on hand. I saw this on TV the other day and learned that all the parts are the same regardless of the year. I Want One!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/