Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle Production Records

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Eagle Production Records

Post by van »

Paul ,mine ain't from jersey :P ,it's from the BIG APPLE thus the mcntosh red apple paint :lol:
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Guys , Thanks for the info .Now I know where my coach came from keep up the good work . 8-)
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
gsriley1
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle Model 10

Post by gsriley1 »

Well the title to our bus came in the mail today. It is #6632, apparently delivered new to Continental Central Line. The roster shows it is a '64, but the title shows '65. Interestingly the title shows a weight of 3,300 lbs making it the lightest bus in existence ;) Should help immensely with the tax man!
Greg
Greg Riley
Magnolia, TX
1985 Eagle Model 10
5KidzKrazy
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Greg, I bet your bus was one of the latter ones made in 64. People are used to dealing with cars and if it is made past September they call it the next year. From my experiences buses are not that way. If it was finished in December 64, it was still a 64. And that 3,300 pound weight should help immensely with fuel economy too! haha
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Very COOL.. So My 1969 Eagle 05..Ser#7723 This Tells Me That The Fleet # Was 13517 And The Bus Was Delivered To...Con Central Lines.My Bus Also Had A Little Sister Delivered At The Same Time.!! Ah How Cute.!!

Can Someone Tell Me About Con Cental Lines.? Im Not Sure I Know Much About These Guys.I Was Told That My Bus Was A Trailways Once In Its Life.Ran Down In The South.? But Who Knows.? This Is Just What I Was Told.

Any Info Would Be GREAT...I Would Love Having Some History On My BABY.

Thanks For Posting These Numbers.I Havent Got Plates On My Bus Yet.And The Only Sign Of A Vin # I Can Find On The Bus Is At The Rear By The Engine.There Is A Small Steel Tag Welded On That Reads 7723 Witch I Guess Is The Vin Number.So,This Helps BIG TIME.I Was Starting To Get Worried.We Have To Get A Vin Check Here In Colorado Before We Can Get A Title.Thats If Its From Out Of State Witch Mine Was.So,I Feel Better Now..I THINK.??

Thanks JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

If you have the original aluminum banding at the water line, each piece has your VIN stamped on the back, at least mine did. I also found it hand written behind my electrical panel, but mine is on the inside by the driver. Mine also has the tag that you described in the same location.

Are we having fun yet? 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

My Data Plate Is Missing.The Guy I Bought The Bus From Said It Was There. But,?? NAADAA.I Think He Kept It For His Collection.
I Guess I Could Make One.(Data Vin Plate).
Also,You Mention Water Line.?? Are You Talking About The Belt Line Trim That Runs Around The Bus,Above The Aluminum.? Or Are We Talking About Something Else.?
Give Me A Break...Im A NEW GUY. :lol: :oops:
Thanks JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Belt line will work. I've heard it called many things so I just used what popped into my little noggin. ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

Paul. The VIN for my model 10 is 30209 and it show that it was a (parlor car). How does that differs from a standard bus? (For lack of a better word).
AL
proudeagle10
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Eagle did not have any designation of "parlor car"; however, Eagle sold buses to "East Coast Parlor Car Tours", which were standard buses. Don't have my records in front of me at this moment. Many seated bus companies referred to their coaches as "cars", especially the older companies.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.