Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle Production Records

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Eagle Production Records

Post by Dreamscape »

Thanks Dan, you learn something every day! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

VIN number 30209 was sold to David Jackson and I believe he was in the entertainer industry, which would have made this a conversion shell from the factory and not a seated bus. The manufacturing number was 80-033, which means it was the 33rd bus built in 1980 and it was delivered on April 18, 1980.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

Thanks Dan
For the info. on VIN #30209. Now all the little bits and pieces of info. on this bus, are starting to come together. When I bought this bus the PO gave me the maintenance records that he had on this bus, and from the appearance of this records. It appears that at some point, it was owned by the "Blues Brothers". At lease, that's what the records indicate.
Thanks
AL (proudeagle10)
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Al,

It may or may not have been owned by the Blues Brothers. When the leasing companies leased the coaches to entertainers, the entertainers were responsible for all of the general maintenance on the coach while out on tour, therefore, I would bet that the Blues Brothers leased the coach and probably did not own it, I could be wrong.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Eddie
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 219219
Bus Model: 1989 Model 15
8V92/Allison744

Post by Eddie »

Daniel,

I take it the Motor home Chassis in 88 and 89 came under a different manufacturing record. Is there any info on that production ? Next time I am at the coach I will get you the number.

Thanks

Eddie
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Eddie,

If you are talking about the VIN numbers when you are referring to manufacturing records, there was no special designation for motorhome chassis. The VIN plates installed over the drivers window may have had for example, "Eagle Model 15 Motorhome" as a description, but utilized the regular M-15 VIN numbers.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

wb6epp
Bus Model: 1980 Eagle mdl10

Post by wb6epp »

Howdy All: Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. I tried to down load the records several times. Yep, I got "dial-up, and it did down load one page then dropped out, so I haven't been able to get the information. Could someone help me please? Newbe lost!!!
Coach is a 1980 Silver Eagle, but the title just say Eagle, VIN is 30320 model on title is 303. This coach was used for a gospel singing group that I bought it from. Of course they bought it used.
It has been upgraded using the 8-V92 @475, 5 speed trans. as well as other things.
I would love to know more about this coach. I don't have the coach yet (read Newbe post) and I am working hard getting the title straightened out so I can make the trip to Tenn. to pick it up
Other questions to follow.
Motor Safely, Ron
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Ron, Send me a PM with your email address and I'll email what I have to you. Glad you got the bug and will pick up your new toy soon! ;)

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

A CA buse was sold new to Allen Transportion then went to Amador in Ca traded in on a Vanhool from ABC bus co in LA original engine was 8v71 with 5 speed 3:76 rear gears

good luck
Clifford
wb6epp
Bus Model: 1980 Eagle mdl10

Post by wb6epp »

Wow, interesting. More likely a Vegas runner and if so,Those buses would sometime sit 3 days waiting the return trip with the gamblers. Seller stated very little rust. So I wonder whom converted this to a tour coach? Though at present, there are bunk beds in there, which will be removed.
The seller is going to give me the records that he has of maintenance records.
Thanks Clifford. I kept trying to down load several times but could only get the first page before it would stop.
Ron