Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Trouble with bay unit air conditioner.

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
DPirtle
Bus Model: 1986 Model 15 Eagle Bus

Trouble with bay unit air conditioner.

Post by DPirtle »

I'm having trouble with my bay unit air conditioner cooling my bus...
Does anyone else have the same problem?
If so does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

-DAVE
Hal
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f128731
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Re: Trouble with bay unit air conditioner.

Post by Hal »

Need a little more information before we can offer any advise I'm afraid. What type a/c do you have? Split unit (Cruise air) or a package unit (Coleman, etc). How many BTU's are the a/c's and how many. Size of bus, insulation and outside temps are all considerations also.
Give us a little more to go on and maybe someone can make some suggestions.
Hal
DPirtle

Post by DPirtle »

It's a Coleman bay unit 22,500 btu on a 1986 Eagle with blown in foam installation.
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their bay units...
Thanks.

-DAVE
Hal
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f128731
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Post by Hal »

22,000 BTU probably won't cool your 40' bus in Texas I'm afraid. That being said, these units must be installed per installion recomedations if they are to perform as designed. The sizing of the supply and return air ducts is critical.
What temperature differental are you getting from return to supply side of the unit?
Hal
DPirtle

Post by DPirtle »

Ok well thanks for the help...
I'll have to work with it and try to figure something out.

-DAVE
tomhamrick
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F207535
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10

Post by tomhamrick »

Hi Dave, I use 2 of the Coleman basements units in my Eagle and they will make it cold in 100 degree heat. I am using 1 unit to cool the living and kitchen area and 1 for the bath and bedroom. As has been suggested you need to have plenty unrestricted airflow both for outlet and return. I placed my return in the floor and use 12" duct to return to units. I also have my outlets in front come out just below the window line on each side of the coach.
Tom Hamrick
1984 Eagle 10S
Tom Hamrick
1981 Eagle 10
1991 Prevost H3-40
89eagle15
FMCA #: F396415
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle 15

Post by 89eagle15 »

Dave,
Has it ever cooled adequately? We can do some basic trouble shooting regardless if it ever has or not but we are going to have to do some inspection and data gathering. Are you up to that?

Larry
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

DPirtle wrote:It's a Coleman bay unit 22,500 btu on a 1986 Eagle with blown in foam installation.
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their bay units...
Thanks.

-DAVE
Mine is blowing "hot" air, I am currently looking for a guy to work on it. The roof air on the rear is blowing the fuse in the circuit box and as best as I can tell, the front rooftop air is NOT working at all.

Other than that, everything is just swell.

Now you can see why I am looking for an air conditioning guy and of course, "parking in a shady spot every chance I get." ... Hope you get yours fixed.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;