Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

rivets and sikaflex

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

rivets and sikaflex

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Guys, anybody know who the best (pricing and availability) supplier for rivets is. I will be looking for shave head, solid, and blind rivets. Also who has the freshest Sikaflex. I all ready have a case of it that is hard as a rock from being 6 months out of date so I have had that lesson now...lol......

Thanks

Kentucky Steve
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: rivets and sikaflex

Post by Songman »

Steve, what size are the rivets you need? Let me check with my supplier.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Steve, if Dale doesn't come up with what you need I have a supplier here were I live that sells to aircraft repair stations.All top notch stuff and a great price and you an order over the net and he knows his stuff. Be careful buying from Byler and Fastening System they will sale you some junk

good luck

Clifford
Last edited by luvrbus on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Dale, I am thinking 3/16 ths diameter and about 1/4 inch grip range. Maybe someone here can help me figure out exactly what I need. I am going to try and heat stretch a sheet of .090 aluminum on the side of the bus and see how I like it. Hopefully Eric will chime in here and tell what size rivets he used as I am doing something real close to what he did on his sheet siding. I will send him a pm now.

Thanks

Kentucky Steve
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Thanks for the heads up on Byler Clifford. I am marking em off my Christmas card list right now....lol..... Know anything about Hanson rivet and supply co. I had them send me a catalog a while back and it ain't much. More like a wall picture.

Thanks

Kentucky Steve
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Steve, have you tried http://www.ellsworth.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the silkaflex.There are better products on the market but cost more. Good luck

Clifford
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Clifford can you enlighten me to the "better" in your post. I always have an antenna out for the quality products. Some times I can't afford it but I would like to weigh in the differences. I just thought the Sika was my only option?

Thanks

Kentucky Steve
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Steve, the are alot on the market I bought a brand made in France that was good but it cost 16 bucks a tube and was a one part most of your better adhesive are 2 parts mix we paid a 1000 bucks for 50# of part A & B I think it was Fuller brand. fwiw Prevost and MCI uses 3 M # 8101 and you never see a problem with it.
Check with Ellsworth they will help you decide on what is best for you it may be Silkaflex but I don't like the stuff seen to much of it turn loose here in the desert the primer lifts from the steel.
good luck

Clifford
bob05
FMCA #: 235395
Bus Model: 1968 Eagle 05

Post by bob05 »

Silkaflex: I would contact them dirctly as I did with GE products.
Have no idea what Silk. might do! but Ge gave me some good advise as to where to buy etc. and even sent we a refund for the product. Hey why Not give it a try.
Bob & Rosita