Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

WHY would access thru carpeting be needed here?

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
JimGnitecki
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 407798
Bus Model: 1979 Eagle Model 5

WHY would access thru carpeting be needed here?

Post by JimGnitecki »

The previous owners of our bus did a number of things that we might not understand, but this is one that is driving us nuts as we redecorate.

One of the things we need to do is replace the lounge carpeting, as it is worn a bit, a bit dirty, and most important of all, the wrong color and type for our planned Victorian Pullman car era look.

The previous onwers did two things with the carpeting that we don't understand, and wonder if one or more of you other Eagle members might be able to clue us in.

One thing is that they extended the kitchen hardwood flooring into only a "slice" of the lounge area (see photos).

The more significant thing they did was to "break" the carpeting in the lounge area to provide what APPEARS to be potential access to the underfloor area. We can't figure out WHY underfloor access would be needed at the point they appear to have made provisions for it (see the rectangular area behind the dirver and co-pilot seats in the photos).

Can anyone clue me in here? Is there really anything under that floor area that might potentially require access from inside the lounge?

Jim Gnitecki
("Jim G")
JimGnitecki@gmail.com
1979 Eagle Model 05 reborn around 1997
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: WHY would access thru carpeting be needed here?

Post by luvrbus »

Jim, you need to check and see what is in the tunnel.I made the mistake of having no access to mine and one of my heater hoses got a hole in it and I had to rip the whole floor up so check to see what is in there most are loaded with linkage, electrail wires and hoses you may need to access someday

good luck
Clifford
JimGnitecki
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 407798
Bus Model: 1979 Eagle Model 5

Post by JimGnitecki »

luvrbus wrote:Jim, you need to check and see what is in the tunnel.I made the mistake of having no access to mine and one of my heater hoses got a hole in it and I had to rip the whole floor up so check to see what is in there most are loaded with linkage, electrail wires and hoses you may need to access someday

good luck
Clifford
Clifford: If you really need to have access, one of our flooring possibilities is a Victorian era area rug anyway, so that would be a GREAT solution, since it is by definition fully removable "without tools"!

However, couldn't we reach that same area from UNDER the bus, via either the storage bays, or from between the front wheels?
Jim Gnitecki
("Jim G")
JimGnitecki@gmail.com
1979 Eagle Model 05 reborn around 1997
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Jim,I don't how your bays are set up but mine are finshied and only the middle one is open.You can gain a little access through the stairway on the top.Have you thought about a inset between the flooring and the carpet lots of people use that method to brake it up and to make it look like one piece.

good luck

Clifford
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

I have just installed laminate flooring in my 05.
I made provisions for access to this area this time.

I broke a heater hose in Idaho once a few years ago and had no access through the carpet.

My advice is to make it accessible. You may never need it but the one time you do you will be vindicated!
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
eaglespirit
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 333036
Bus Model: 1969 Eagle 05
1975 Eagle 05
2005 Spartan IMECA
2010 Int Amtram skoolie

Post by eaglespirit »

All the plumbing, linkage, electrical is in there & theonly way in is from the top because that is over the front axel.
eaglespirit
http://www.eaglespirit.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
69 model 05
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

akroyaleagle wrote:I have just installed laminate flooring in my 05.
I made provisions for access to this area this time.
Do you have pictures? I'm planning to do the same?
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed