Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Air Bags for drive axle

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
bob05
FMCA #: 235395
Bus Model: 1968 Eagle 05

Air Bags for drive axle

Post by bob05 »

Yes I think it's time to install air support for my drive axle would appricate any augestions
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Air Bags for drive axle

Post by luvrbus »

Bob,I have a drawing David at Southern Oregon Diesel gave me several years ago showing the way he did it .
When I get through with my wifes flooring project I will try and locate it for you.
It is a simple drawing showing a 6in round bag on each end of the torque arms close to the very end near the tube where you remove the bump stop and reinforce the tubing above it and the bag sitting on a 1/2 in x 8 in square plate on the top and bottom.
You can make it manual or automatic level.The automatic just use a leveling valve from a truck good luck
Clifford
bob05

Post by bob05 »

Thank you Clifford that would sure help.
I know that's what David told us years ago that would have to be done some day, looks like that day has come. firstborn05@sbcglobal.net
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Bob, I see you made it here...welcome! WE like to see pics of your Eagle and tell us all about it.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
bob05

Post by bob05 »

Manny& Darline
We will sure do just that when we get up to date with how to do things, As with all things new it takes time and a few setbacks to learn.
As for our Eagle she is an 1968 05 with 8v92/740 Allison. As with all of us it's never done !!!
Thanks for the hello and please stay in touch
Bob & Rosita (Aka Rose)