Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

louvers in the rear of the bus

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

louvers in the rear of the bus

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Talking of the area between the rear cap and engine door. I see some Eagles that have louvers there and some don't. Can anyone tell me the reason some have them. Originally our bus was just flat there and now that I need to put that sheet back on for the rear cap to be mounted I need to make a decision on the louvers. My thought is that that area holds heat in and in doing so would sort of preheat the intake air to some degree and if I vent it would that be good or bad?

Thanks

Kentucky Steve
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: louvers in the rear of the bus

Post by Songman »

I had planned to change mine to have vents there. Mainly because I like the way it looks on the ones that have it but also because it seems to me that since hot air rises that you would get rid of more heat back there if you had vents all the way up. Don't know if that is good science or not but it is what I had in mind.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

Steve what I did was drill out the rivets along the bottom of the aluminium pieces across the engine door and slide in 1 inch spacers. This really made a big difference in the temp inside the engine compartment.

If you get in the Louisville area stop by and take a look at it.

JCB
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

The louvers on the rear corners of my 05 are the engine aie intakes. I also added two louvers above the engine door. I also used plastic spacers to louver the engine compartment door.
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Steve, I am going to but louvers above the door in my 15. Like you said it will help get rid of heat in that area and will not transfer into the inside of the bus. Also every little bit of area of opening to the outside will help.

good Luck Wayne