Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Lift Bogie Axel

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
itchyfeet
Bus Model: Silver Eagel 05 #9662 1976
Made by Bus & Car Belgium.
Engine 1989 B10 Volvo and ZF 4HP500 4 Speed Automatic
Located in Interlaken Switzerland

Lift Bogie Axel

Post by itchyfeet »

Switzerland is a smal Country with Mountains, Chocolat and Bancacounts.
After i did the engine in and did the first Testdrive in a Industrial part, i was suprised over the nois when i turn from Bogie Axel and the lost ruber on the street.
I would like to safe tires and think to lift the Bogie when i have to turn on smal places. The Tires have not to lost full groundcontact, but take some wight from axel and make it softer to turn.
Does somebody get the same idea or some expirience?

Merci for Ideas
Pesche & Nats
Interlaken Switzerland

Silver Eagle 05 1976 #9662
Engine Volvo B10 1989
Automatic ZF 4HP500 4Speed
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Lift Bogie Axel

Post by luvrbus »

You need to have the alignment check on you boogies when they are set right your bus will not leave any rubber on the streets.Trying to make a liftable boggie will be a major task but where there is a will there is away.

good luck
Clifford
Hal
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f128731
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Re: Lift Bogie Axel

Post by Hal »

It would be a chore but could be done. The problem you would have is the extra weight on the drive axle will just drop the rear and you won't get the weigth off the boggy. You would probably need to add air bags to the driver and could probably use some type of cable and pulley arangement to do the lifting.
I looked into doing something like that early in the conversion stage. Eagle did have a kneeling feature on some of the early busses so I'd imagine the bars would be fine. All it takes is money. :lol:
Good luck, Hal