Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Lead sheat supply

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Hal
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f128731
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Lead sheat supply

Post by Hal »

Anyone have a line on buying 2lb lead sheat? I've been looking for 6+ months to find some at a reasonable price and although metal prices are down, lead seems to have stayed the same.
Thanks for any advise,
Hal
chrisber
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F138799
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10 (As Good As It Gets) #020585
-- Currently powered by DDC 6V92TA, Allison MT740
-- DDC 12.7 L Series 60 (Pre-EGR) and adapted Allison HD 4560
still sitting on special dolly ready to be installed.

Re: Lead sheat supply

Post by chrisber »

Hey Hal –

Acoustic Lead Barrier is available in lead weights of 1 and 2 lb from “Soundown” (since you mentioned their name earlier).

http://www.soundown.com/AI.htm

They supply their traditional "incombustible" barrier material that I prefer in a standard 48" width, and rolls of 12', 24', or longer as required.

Chris