Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Source for rivets

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Source for rivets

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Looking for a source for rivets for my 05. Had to do some front end metal replacement and removed some of the aluminum. I know at one time when my dad had this bus we replace a lot of rivets and then tap in a button cap. Don't remember where he got the rivets and caps. I had some caps but they don't fit rivets that I got locally.
Thanks for any help , Ed :P
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Re: Source for rivets

Post by akroyaleagle »

http://www.bylerrivet.com/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

The main manufacturer that I am using for The Bus Parts Store gave me a complete 1.5" thick catalog of rivets that they manufacture. Of course the problem is that I can't tell what the difference is in most of them! I couldn't believe that there were this many kinds of rivets in the world! If I could somehow figure out which of these is the kind people want I could make a good deal on them.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
chrisber
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F138799
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle Model 10 (As Good As It Gets) #020585
-- Currently powered by DDC 6V92TA, Allison MT740
-- DDC 12.7 L Series 60 (Pre-EGR) and adapted Allison HD 4560
still sitting on special dolly ready to be installed.

Post by chrisber »

The people at FSI [Fastening Systems International, 1206 E. Mac Arthur, PO Box 1372, Sonoma, CA – (707) 935-1170] know their products and are very knowledgeable about the various applications as well.

The outstandingly courteous gentleman who helped me acquiring the appropriate tools as well as the correct rivets for my particular requirement was Mr. Mark Herand, Vice President (mherand@fsirivet.com -- 800-344-2393 Ex 14).

Christian