Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

AllisonTrans Temperature Sender

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
kcld
FMCA #: 401729
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle 10, 6V92 Allison 740

AllisonTrans Temperature Sender

Post by kcld »

Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. I have a 1984 Model 10 #20XXX with an Allison HT740-D and a 6V92. To the best of my knowledge they are both the stock units. The trans temp guage has not worked since I bought the coach. I have checked the guage and it functions OK, I have traced the wire to the front panel (#148) and it appears OK. I can't find the temperature sender on the trans though. I have two small devices near the bottom of the trans on the drivers side just above the oil pan, I assume backup light switch or similar? Both are two pin connectors and only one is in use. I also have what I assume is the speedometer sender mounted to the tailpiece of the trans. I have inspected the trans oil cooler housing after searching the boards and no sending units there. Where else can I look? What am I missing here? I assume if I have the guage and wiring that it must have functioned at one time...
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: AllisonTrans Temperature Sender

Post by luvrbus »

Sorry Kurt I didn't see your post here and answered you on the mak board, the sender is on top of the transmission about 1 o'clock high on the drivers side with 1 wire

Clifford
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Re: AllisonTrans Temperature Sender

Post by Boomer »

The other two switches are the neutral safety switch and the backup switch.