Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

How to wire a 1986 Model 15 Eagle dash??

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
DPirtle
Bus Model: 1986 Model 15 Eagle Bus

How to wire a 1986 Model 15 Eagle dash??

Post by DPirtle »

I need a wiring diagram of a 1986 Model 15 Eagle bus dash. I've unhooked the wiring in my dash to make a dash plate or cover for it and now I need to know how to wire it back... Image

I have more details pictures too.
Last edited by DPirtle on Sun May 10, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: How to wire a 1986 Model 15 Eagle dash??

Post by Dreamscape »

Welcome,

I dont' mean to be blunt and I hope you take this the right way. If one doesn't have a wiring schematic when doing like what you did, they should label the wires/locations and draw a schematic so they know how to put it back together, also taking pictures is a big help. Getting it back working like it should might be very challenging without one.

I don't have a schematic for your coach, I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. If you don't have manuals, I would strongly suggest that you do. It has helped me out of several jams myself.

Good Luck,

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dave ,welcome to the forum.There should be a cover(plastic)on the front elec panel showing the run to the dash ,this might get you started tracing leads until you have the entire schematic.I will look and see if I have it on disc ,but I am sure that once every one is home (from the LA rally)you will have a copy before long.Nice to have you aboard,and please feel free to post any other concerns you may have about your Eagle.Almost forgot,maybe if you could post a little history on your bus ,Serial #'s,and such would be nice,and don't forget the pictures,we like pictures ,maybe of the dash and the bus it's self,you'd be surprised as to the info that can be discovered that way.Good luck ,and keep posting here at the source for all things Eagle.Wish I was there ,I love electrical problems :lol: .Cheers

Van
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

I did that once, when I was young, I stipped a Harley to paint it, and when I disassembled it all, I wrote it all down on a piece of paper.

I then promptly lost the piece of paper, when I went to reassemble it, I couldn't. Finally had to bring in a lic. electrician and he was able to read the schematic for me and put it in working order.

Lesson learned: Write it down and keep track of it.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DPirtle
Bus Model: 1986 Model 15 Eagle Bus

Post by DPirtle »

Thank you all for your help, sorry I haven't been able to reply I've been in Missouri working, that's where my bus is too. I ended up ordering a manual for it and I think I've got it fixed, no problems so far anyways.
But again thank you for your help...

-DAVE
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

That is good news! Thank You for letting us know, we always like to hear the job is fixed and your Eagle is up and operational!

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/