Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rear LED lights

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
eaglebus8920
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F294729
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
40 ft
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748R
6" Roof Raise, 2 slides outs , center door entry.

Rear LED lights

Post by eaglebus8920 »

If any one is interested in using your own rear Eagle tail lamps, turn signals and brake lights, I found a way to convert you oringal lens into LED light which will not cost an arm and leg. You can buy round LED lights that are the same size as the round area in your orginal lens. Make a simple jig to hold the lens on a drill press. Buy a hold saw the same size, drill out the round area of your lens and mount the LED lights in this hole. Seal them and presto you have LED lamps.

This weekend I will take some pictures of the LED lights and where I bought them and show you the end results. That is if there is any real interest in doing this to your Eagle. I have converted all the lights on our Eagle to LED's. The head lamps I converted over to H1 and H2, they are much brighter this way.

I am still looking for where I bought the led lights but here are the pictures.

If you notice there are over 30 led lights in each round lens. If you use your own lens, I think the leds were $20.00 a peice. I am not using a back up lens on this Eagle. In the rear cap on each side of the rear view camera. I have a 50 watt halgon bulb driving lights. This lights up a large area when I am hooking up the trailer or we can use it to just light up the back area.

I

Duane & Cheryl
89 Eagle Model 20
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748 R
Last edited by eaglebus8920 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Rear LED lights

Post by Songman »

Count me in! I love LEDs. They look good and take less power. Take good pictures so no-talents like me can see how it is done.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I definatley would be interested in seeing your results. Sounds like a neat idea.

Did you buy new lenses or use your original ones?
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Silver Eagle Bus sells drop in replacement LED light assy's. They look exactly like the originals and are a complete assembly. They also light up the whole lens. They are available for the front and rear clearance lights, brake lights, tail lights, turn signals and back up lights. They are very reasonbly priced and actually cheaper than the original assemblies.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

That may be the way that I have to go. I don't think I have all the lights for my bus anyway since it didn't have front and rear caps when I bought it.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Duane,
Several of us have converted the directional signals, brake and tail lights to LEDs. I did just as you discribed, but used a fly-cutter in the drill press. I used the rubber grommet with my LEDs, which is different than most do.
I am interested in your conversion of the headlights. Did you use the conversion kits like available from JC Whitney? Did you have to increase any wire sizes, etc.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Steve,

I don't know if others are having the problem, but the first two photos are not showing for me. The last one that is showing looks great though!

Dale
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN