Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Wheel Studs

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Wheel Studs

Post by ericbsc »

I need to change the studs on the bogie axle. Looked in the maint. manual. Not a lot of help. Looks like the hub and drum will separate. I need longer studs for aluminum rims. I can't get the longer ones in without seperating the two. Do I need to remove the entire hub?
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Wheel Studs

Post by rusty »

Eric, If I remember correctly the longer studs will not go in without removing the hub. Might make it better to remove anyway and have the studs pressed in. Some do not press them in but you run the risk of the wheel becoming lose if the studs are not seated correctly. All so you when they are apart you can inspect everything and repack the bearings

Good luck Wayne