Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Texas Inverter Solution

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
busconv
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F145439
Bus Model: 1990 Model 15, but first registered in 1996 so title has that date. Hidden in a barn till late 1995...when I bought it the mileage was 2227, now 134,000 plus. Shell built at factory to be motor home, raised roof, high driver etc.

Texas Inverter Solution

Post by busconv »

Hi Guys, I have had a continuing inverter problem and need someone who knows electricty to help, I sure don't. Xantrex has sent me a new TR2412 inverter to replace a brand new one that would not charge my house batteries from the shore power or generator. My first one lasted 14 years and I was completely satisfied.
I will be leaving the Rio Grande Valley late in May, for medical reasons cannot leave before then, heading towards Dallas and then Little Rock to Kansas City and seeking a firm or individual who can install the new one. I am unable to handle this. Not looking for a freebee. Willing and able to pay but the guy who installed the first new one a month ago did not seem to understand what and how to do it, even though he charged $140 for 1 1/2 hours work, leaving he said "it must be broke". So I am not sure it was even installed correctly.
Can someone in the area suggest a place to do the work along my path? Can travel as the alternator does recharge the four 4D Glass Mat batteries. Appreciate any help....Bill
1996 Model 15 Factory raised roof etc for motor home
1989 but first titled in 1996 (new shell hidden in a barn)
8V92/DDECII/740 Allison
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Texas Inverter Solution

Post by luvrbus »

Bill,Texas Coach in Pipe Creek had a young guy that was very good on inverters give them a call last i heard they were still open.Check with Sonnie Gray on the board here he will know of somebody around the Dallas area also.

good luck
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Texas Inverter Solution

Post by Dreamscape »

Bill, If you drive I-20 through Abilene on your way to Dallas give us a call. We are at Buck Creek RV Park, Exit 294 approx. six miles east of Abilene.
Good Luck on getting your inverter installed correctly!

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/