Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Dash/windshield blower

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Dash/windshield blower

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Does anyone know the CFM rating of the blower for the windshield. I need to replace mind bearings in motor are shot squirrel cage is bent. I am going to build a new box for the heater core,it has seen better days and get a new blower assembly,but want to make sure it's got enough cfm for that area.
Thanks Ed
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: Dash/windshield blower

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Ed-

I'm going to take a stab at this, but just remember--my clutch might be slipping a little because I'm trying to recall from a number of years ago, so take it with a grain of salt.

If I remember correctly, there used to be an old commercial FMVSS requirement of 250 CFM at the duct outlet; I believe this requirement was removed and the language was revised to allow anything that keeps the windows defrosted.

My guess would be if you used a similar size squirrel cage with the same horsepower motor & RPM, you'd be right in line with OEM defrost delivery performance. I know my defroster and vent ducts have very low delivery, which I'm attributing to a restriction in the heater core and A/C unit in the front box that you're getting ready to replace anyway.

Hope this helps and good luck with your project. I'll probably be doing the same thing in the next few months. . .

Art
www.webcove.com/eagle
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA