Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

We Have Wipers (that work now)

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

We Have Wipers (that work now)

Post by buscrazyinFL »

We are trying to get things ready to go to the SC Southeast Busnuts Rally, and I have had an ongoing issue with our wipers. They are still the original air wipers and they had a habit of quitting whenever they felt like it, and more recently just quit altogether. I've been wanting to get the ones that were on sale at Silver Eagle Mfg., and when I finally called them to try to order some, I could never reach anyone at either location (TX, nor TN), so I talked to someone at the local bus repair shop I use and he suggested it might be the air regulators (also called the wiper valves) that has gone bad. I called Norris at Jefferson Bus in OK, and ordered two regulators (part # 154-1251-502) one for each side. It took me about an hour to install them, and that seems to have done the job. The old one that I removed from the driver's side had the date of May 1979 stamped on it, and the passenger side one was stamped 1989, so no wonder they were acting up! Here are a few pictures:

View before installation:

New valve:
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: We Have Wipers (that work now)

Post by Dreamscape »

Manny, That's great news! Our air wipers work OK for now, someday I'll consider to do the same thing. Glad to hear Norris is still there, that guy has helped me a lot with parts too!

Isn't it fun when a plan works out! ;)

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Thanks Manny for the post now I know what to look for . Thanks
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Manny, those appear to be the control valves. What did you have to pay for them? I also have intermittent air and I would bet they want a ton for that valve.

Can the valves be rebuilt?

You did not mention replacing the air motors, so I assume the valves did the job.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Jim I paid $59.34 each plus shipping,and yes that did the job not hard to do and is alot less than the electric ones.The new valves come with new knobs as for rebuilding I don't know I guess if they sold a kit you could but for the price I think is best to buy new ones. No I did not replace the air motor they seem to be in good shape.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic