Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Weird warning light scenario

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
jcb
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10

Weird warning light scenario

Post by jcb »

Model 10 1984...........New weird thing. Low Coolant light stays on, until I press the brake.....then it goes out, and the Stop light comes in and the Low Coolant light goes out. Let up on the brake, and back on comes the LCL. Checked and added coolant to full, still does it. Seems to truck right along, with no effect on operation, but any light coming in is always concerning. Lower brake lights are now intermittent too. Quite new sensors on the engine case that I put in......was working fine. Any past experiences?
Jim Cummings
1983 Model 10
8V71
Auto Trans
Tour Bus Conversion Ex-Senator Coach
http://www.thejimcummingsband.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Re: Weird warning light scenario

Post by DoubleEagle »

That has not happened to me (but other electrical mysteries have). I would look for loose wires, chafed wires, bad grounds. When you pull the dash panels out there are a lot of opportunities for things to get pulled or twisted. I would start with testing the low coolant sensor to see if it is accurate, and whether you have low coolant in fact. The circuit could be compromised, or the sensor could be faulty, or maybe the warning light is being set off by another circuit.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
jcb
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10

Re: Weird warning light scenario

Post by jcb »

Hey Walter!

Hope your well. Sorry I never let you know how the tailpipes and exhaust parts worked out, but it all came in handy, and looks very nice. Completely replaced both sides of the exhaust last month, and it's wonderful how much quieter that old booger is. Had to remove to radiator, but that also gave me access to leaks and other problems. Ended up replacing two main oil hoses, which I couldn't see earlier, but although the cost was more than one would think........it fixed the bad leak.
Sorry I don't have any pics to post, but believe me....I could not have gotten it done without your help.

Best,
Jim
Jim Cummings
1983 Model 10
8V71
Auto Trans
Tour Bus Conversion Ex-Senator Coach
http://www.thejimcummingsband.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;