Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

King Pins

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

King Pins

Post by Jim H »

Anyone have the part numbers for Model 01 tapered king pins?

Jim
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: King Pins

Post by beltguy »

Jim, you don't say which bus, but in either case, you should be able to get the parts from Jefferson (I am pretty sure they are still in business.

There are a couple of threads on the subject of front end rebuild. I think the best is:

http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... =15&t=3362

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by Jim H »

Hello Jim, Ed at Jefferson Bus does not have the pin kit for a Model 01, only a few pieces of a kit. The numbers given to me do not cross in the aftermarket. However, I believe the King pins are the same as some Mack trucks of that vintage. I have the name and phone number of the Spicer-Dana national parts manager. I plan to call him Monday morning, but was just wondering if anyone on the site remembers the aftermarket numbers. My local truck/bus supplier could not seem to cross or come up with a correct part number? BTW, I replaced the Knuckle/cross pins years ago, (from Jefferson)the bushing were egg shaped it you know what I mean. Lol. The kings at that time seemed tight, now I have movement beyond what I feel is normal.
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Even though Ed doesn't have the parts, he likely has the parts list from the maintenance manual.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.