Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

DD3 Brake chambers

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Re: DD3 Brake chambers

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Paul, Thanks for the info that is exactly what I am looking for. How do I tell i f I already have a dual air system. Clifford said ther e is a valve up front to replace ?
Thanks Ed
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Ed, I always the change the valve in the drivers area the push and pull application valve.the way you can tell if you have a dual system you will have 2 air gauges (front and rear)check your prices they vary a lot and Bendix is not the only manufacture,check midland/haldex and Velac start here http://www.easternmarine.com If you need photos Doyle is here and he has a dual system his Eagle has a good brake system 10" drums on the rear a 6" on the boogie and front with auto slack adjusters on each wheel good luck

Clifford
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Ed, Everything I bought was from eBay, from three different sources. I used the Bendix site as a reference on what I needed, usually the part numbers from them are cross-referenced or they will say what Bendix numbers they match up too.

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Ed good luck with the brakes,I can hardly wait to dive into mine. :D
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Clifford, If Doyle is still there tell him I still need that picture (or more) of his air intake system and tall valve covers on the right side. He's got Jakes I am going to add but need to see how they ran his intake air.
I know he said he had to remove his bed to get good shots. Light a little fire under him for me :lol:
Tell him and Coffee the Brenner gang said Hi !!

Guess I have a single air system, two guages but one is main tank pressure (120) the other is brake I guess shows at (90)
30/30 cans from my local parts guy $55? Okay ?
Checking on Qr-1C valve

Thanks ED
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Ed, I will tell Doyle you need the photo right now he is trying to rewire where the wiring burnt last year.is the 55.00 for each or both if it is for each thats a little on the high side but if he is local the service may be worth it.

Clifford
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

ED, today I took my Eagle to the shop to have the brakes adj and checked, and the right side brake chamber DD3 was bad. It was leaking. The shop foreman said that a new one was around $900. He said if I replaced it with a 3030 it was only $70, well you get the pic. I recommend the 3030, it is not that hard to change (I was helping the mechanic do it.) Of course, they had a pit and that did make it easier. The mechanic also said you can't rebuild the old ones, where the spring is. You can lose your finger very easily trying to do that. One of the mechanics did (he showed me his missing finger). Someone else tried to do it, and the spring blew out and he lost half his face. That's graphic, I know, but it's just not worth taking the chance!!! The new ones are made so you can't get into where the spring is (obviously for safety reasons).
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic