Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Exhaust and muffler on our 6V92

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Sparky
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 406128
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 20

Exhaust and muffler on our 6V92

Post by Sparky »

Since I am already a greasy mess from replacing the power steering line I thought I should also repair the exhaust on our 6V92. The pipe after the turbo is in very bad condition as is the muffler. Is there any good resource to get these parts on line or am I better off to go to our local truck repair shop.
Thanks in advance.
The Church's
1988 Model 20
6V92 with 5 speed manual
Sparky
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Exhaust and muffler on our 6V92

Post by Sparky »

I am not sure if I did this right so I am going to try this again. If I am repeating my self sorry. I a just wondering if anyone knows where the best place is to get a new muffler and some exhaust pipe for our 88 6V92? :)
The Church's
1988 Model 20
6V92 with 5 speed manual
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Sparky, you can buy the muffler from www.unitedmuffler.com but with todays freight prices NAPA will be around the same price and any truck muffer outfit can get you one and make a tail pipe for you.The muffler will be in the cost range of 200 to 250 bucks it was for my bus 2 years ago.If you want to pass out buy the pipe with the flex section that goes between the manifold and turbo that one will make you have the big one good luck
Clifford
Sparky
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Sparky »

Thanks Clifford. I think I will check with United muffler and just check pricing before I go to Napa here in town.
The Church's
1988 Model 20
6V92 with 5 speed manual