Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

TORSION SUSPENSION

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
SmoothJazz

TORSION SUSPENSION

Post by SmoothJazz »

Hello all of you Eagle Nuts,

I feel it is important to talk about the torsion bar suspension on Eagle Coaches. First of all, it was commonly referred to as "torsilastic suspension"; however, since that was a trademark of B.F. Goodrich, we have now trademarked the name to "Eaglelastic Suspension".

For all of you who are not that familiar with the suspension on Eagle Coaches, I would like to tell you that it is most important to know how to adjust and maintain the suspension. There are plenty of people who will tell you they know how to accomplish this, but there are only a handful that know how to do it properly. Take no shortcuts! The suspension is an expensive item to replace, so if you adjust the suspension properly and when needed, you will preserve the life of your torsion bars.

If any of you have questions on how to adjust and maintain your suspension on your Eagle Coaches, don't hesitate to ask through this board or you can call me at 956-832-0606, and I will be glad to help you. Also, if you are looking to buy an Eagle Coach and want to know how to inspect and what to look for on the suspension system to know whether or not it has any life left, I can help you.

Dan Lenz
Silver Eagle Bus, Mfg. Inc.
Last edited by SmoothJazz on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Torsion Suspension

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Dan,

First, Welcome to The Board!

We appreciate you taking the time to post on this important topic. I am sure many of us will wecome the information, I know I am.

We all know the Ealge has the best ride, so we just need to keep it that way.

Looking forward to reading more of your informative topics,

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dan Thank You for taking an intrest in our board. It is nice to know we have your knowledge to lean on. For all you readers of this post remember Dan is a good source for eagle parts. Dan I am still trying to solve your Wyoming problem nothing as of now.
Thank You Wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Welcome to the forum, Dan. I had no idea that was you when I approved you the other day. I was e-mailing with Craig about someone from down there coming on the board.

I am very interested in learning about the Eagle suspension. I have a Model 20 and I think it is in good shape but I want to make sure it stays that way!

Thanks,
Dale
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN