Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

8v71 oil filter?

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

8v71 oil filter?

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I have never changed the oil myself since I have had my Eagle. I let a shop do it but I want to start doing it myself and save some mula. My ? - is the oil filter the one that is in the battery compartment on the driver side? Also, how many quarts of oil does an 8v71 usually take?

I serviced the Kubota generator this week and saved alot of mula there, too. I was looking at the bill where I had it serviced the last time and they charged me two hrs of labor plus oil so no more of that. And as a bonus, the owner of the place where I keep my bus came up to me today and said I can dump the oil in his 100gal tank so Iwill take advantage of that.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: 8v71 oil filter?

Post by Dreamscape »

Manny, Noticed the replys went bye bye after the site crash the other day. Our 8v71 holds about 7 gallons, run it then check. I don't remember if that's with the filter change or not, it's been a while since I changed it as it has been sitting most of the time. I'll probably change it before our trip to Oregon, gotta get dirty before we head out!

How has the air throttle been working? I would like your opinion as the linkage on ours leaves a lot to be desired. Too much pedal before I get a result. Pleae post some pics and description on how it was done.

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Re: 8v71 oil filter?

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I did check the filter #s and the one in the battery compartment on the driver's side is the transmission filter, and I do have the old style oil filter.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic