Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS ****

There is a plan in place for a new administrator who will restore and update this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum continues to be in low maintenance mode untill the new administrator is fully on board. The "registration" and "contact us" options are not active.

Head lights / high beam

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Head lights / high beam
Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:21 am

Here is the problem: Both head lights work fine on low beam but I cannot get the right head light to work on high beam. I have changed the bulb, checked the wiring, put in a new dimmer switch (on the floor). I can't figure out what else it might be. Maybe I missed something when I checked the wiring? Any suggestions :?:
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Head lights / high beam
Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:21 am

Manny, when they convert to single head light most people add a relay for the high side check the wiring you should have 3 wires a green being the low a yellow for the high beam and a black for the ground also check a be sure you have the B1 bulb if some one sold you A1 they are low only a few vehiches used the big lights for a dual system .Check your relays in fuse panel under the drivers window most of those were fused with a glass fuse

good luck
clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Return to Eagle Tech