Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

One piece panographic bay doors adjustment

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

One piece panographic bay doors adjustment

Post by rusty »

Help: Does anyone's manual go through a step by step on how to adjust the panographic doors? I am mounting my bay doors. I have 5 of them hung and seem to be working OK. I have been working on the sixth door for about 2 days. Everything I do does not work. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Why all of a sudden do one of these doors have to beat me up?? I don't remember a job that got the best of me and this one is not going to be the first. Maybe if I read the instructions I can figure this out :lol: . The ladies are not allowed to read this. I can hear it now DID YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ?

Help Wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: One piece panographic bay doors adjustment

Post by Songman »

Wayne, my manuals are over at Don's shop. There should be a section in there on the pantographic doors. If so, I'll scan them and send to you.

I can also get you some good pictures of those safety catches I mentioned if you want me to.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dale, Thank You and yes I would like pictures of the catches. I am olso intrested in the weather strip. We can wait untill you get some kind of catalog. I am not in that big of hurry.

Thank You Wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I'm trying to get a copy of the catalog in PDF form so people can have it on their computer. If you haven't already gotten your struts, I need to take one of mine off and measure them to see if we can get them too.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dale, I have not purchased my struts. I have about one half enough. so I am moving them around while mounting my doors. You gave me some information but I have not looked at it. I will fine it in the bus and see if I can figure which one I will need.

Thank you Wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Wayne, I looked all through my manuals and there is not one mention of the bay doors in there at all. I believe that my manuals aren't complete though. Norris told me he would make me copies (and sell me) of anything that I was missing if I needed it. Also, Dan @ Eagle may have copies too. Of course, if you need me to photograph anything in particular you know I will.

Here are the pictures of the safety latch system. These latches are broken off of all three doors on the curb side. Obviously that is the doors that were used the most and people would pull them down not knowing about the latch. The street side ones are perfect though so I can recreate them easily enough. The good news is that my doors do stay up on their own with the gas struts. Something this simple to make is good to have though just to keep an accident from happening.

Let me know if you need to see anything else.

This one shows the swivel and the stops...
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

And one last one of the entire system.

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dale, Thank you for the pictures and measurements. It looks fairly simple. I will use the lock on the bay that has the pullout entertainment center so the door doesn't wipe out a TV. Don't worry about a manual I will find one somewhere. I just thought if I did it the same way every time it would make it easier. I did get the 6th door to work after many bad words and a couple of blood letting ordeals. The last 2 doors will be a while. First I have to turn the bus around in the shop and tear the front end apart and widden the front axle. That will take some time. I thought the older I get that I would have more time to work on the bus. Boy was I wrong.

Thank You Wayne
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Wayne,

The pantograph doors were made by Bode Corporation out of Spartanburg SC. I don't recall Eagle ever publishing an adjustment procedure for those doors. I do know that Bode had a service rep on site at Eagle throughout the duration of the New Jersey Contract to make sure the doors were adjusted properly. Bode also sent their reps. all over the country because of door adjustment problems. You can go to http://www.bodecorpusa.com and contact them to see if they have any written procedure for adjusting the doors. Make sure you let them know that these are the pantograph baggage doors they supplied to Eagle as they supplied many other doors for the buses. The service rep. for Bode now lives in Brownsville and works at Home Depot. If I run into him, I will ask if he has any information that he may have kept.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Here is the link from their site about pantograph doors.

http://www.bodecorpusa.com/prod5.htm

There is a PDF file there with exploded views of some different style. Unfortunately, none of them are like ours. There are some close ones but not exact.

Like Dan says, calling them may be the best bet.

Welcome back, Dan. We've missed you!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN