Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Lavatory removal?

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Lavatory removal?

Post by van »

This ? was posted on the BNO,and am curious myself.the question I have is about closing the floor back up after removal.How much of the flooring has to be replaced?I know the removal will free even more space in the ac compartment or will it?
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Lavatory removal?

Post by luvrbus »

Van, removal of the lavatory in a Eagle is a walk in the park they are no way as hard to remove as a MCI very few rivets all bolts and there is no flooring under the lavatory only insulatition take the bolts loose from the lavatory chunk it remove the waste bin to reach the blower and hoses a 2 hr job.Some save the water tank and make a oil resivoir for the engine so they don't carry 1 gal jugs of oil remove the junk inside your ok a 4 inch grinder with a cut off wheel is about the only tool needed.I always cut back to floor joist and replace a whole sheet of plywood most of time it is rotted there anyways.Fwiw 05's are a little different than the 10 and 15's good luck

Clifford
Last edited by luvrbus on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Don't forget the rubber gloves!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Dale, rubber gloves is that what Don calls hand panties you wear

Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I know! He is so mean to me! There is nothing wrong with a man having soft hands! I'm a musician and a computer geek! haha

But in this case it's not the grease I would want to keep off my hands!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Hand Panties!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Clifford that's a new one to me and it's the funniest thing I have heard all week. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will just add a couple of tools to Ciffords removal program. You may want a sawzall to get those large pieces of wall cut up a bit. That's so you don't rip your hand panties. :D ;) :lol: :lol: And then you may want a BFH (big finish hammer) to knock things around a bit.

Hand Panties! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny right there boys.... :lol: :lol:
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Dale I just reread this topic, and want you to know I ain't picking on you. When I say hand panties I start laughing all over again. Its just the way it sounds. :o

C
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dale is going to shut us down. I picked on him on another post today. Remember he has the key to this maddness. Dale we still love you and we will find someone else to pick on :lol: :lol:

Hang in there Wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

No worries. I'm proud of my baby soft hands. It takes a lot of hard work to keep hands this soft... No wait! Let me rephrase that... It takes finding ways to get out of lots of hard work to have hands this soft! haha
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Hand pantys lrts say that one together,H A N D P A N T Y S please stop!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:,It Huurts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Dale , I know it's a doody oody kinda job and some body's gotta do it so I'm goin in bare fisted to get this job done,by the way I want to shake your hand for bein a stand up guy.If you wanna stay soft ya gotta be tough :D