Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle Rust Repair

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Eagle Rust Repair

Post by beltguy »

I just noticed that Gary LaBombard has registered. He is an EXPERT on reparing Eagle rust damage. At one time he produced a DVD on his project and offered it for a nominal fee. He also had a website. I am not sure where all that stands today.

Gary, when you see this, will you let folks know about your documentation?

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: Eagle Rust Repair

Post by Kentucky Steve »

.....................Come on Tin Man, jump in here :lol: :lol: .............

..............Good to see you here Gary, ...............

..............................Steve and Deb ...............
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

How about yours Steve it wasn't totaly rust free glad to see you and Gary here
Gary LaBombard

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your inquiry Jim about my Eagle project and of coarse my good friend KY-Steve for encouraging me to set personal situations aside if possible to continue my project. I have taken a Hiatus away from my project for many months now as it was impossible to concentrate on Our Eagle and not worry about getting hurt by losing focus on a work day on the ole girl.

I have since jumped back into my music to sharpen back up on performing etc. like I also love to do and it is pretty hard to get hurt sitting in front of my keyboard or computer. I have choosen to also make some videos for YOUTUBE to encourage my age group of friends to get a keyboard and do as I am to get some kind of peace in life if things are going wrong.

I will get back on our Eagle soon, things are almost straightened up I hope for our personal lives as I miss working on the ole girl and want so much to have someone show me how to (double shift) the ole girl and get her on the road.

Just hang in there with me as I appreciate your concerns and being part of the Eagle family and will continue to help anyone I can over the net or email directly to me if there is anything I can do.

For anyone interested in my new Youtube project wants to go see what I have been doing just lately to get back into focus, go to youtube and type in key words, (Gary Lee, Ketron Keyboard SD1, country music) and you will see several videos I am working on. Some are instructional and labeled such but if you go look at my latest (#6 With the song "Your Cheatin' Heart") I hope it will encourage you to also learn how music can sort of round out your life in these troubled times.

I will be posting more musical videos on YOUTUBE so if you are interested make it a favorite and check every so often.

I want to thank Cliff, and Paul for making this bb'd for us Eagle nuts possible as I know it took an awful lot of time to do.

I will keep you posted as to when my Eagle project continues and hopefully it will be informative to those needing this information. My first project back on the ole girl is to completely design and make my new entrance door and I look forward to my designing and fabricating it.

Take care Jim, Give Pat my best, tell her a song I sing, (Hungry Eyes) will be dedicated to her on the net soon just for her on youtube, I really think she is a great asset in your life and you are so lucky to have her.

I will be on here often just to make comments if not something that really contributes at least so you will not think I have fallen off the earth.

Gary
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Thanks for jumping in, Gary. Whenever you have the time to do a 'Rust Repair' thread we will put it up there as a sticky because there will be a lot of interest. Thanks.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Songman,
I didn't mean to slide you in recognition for all the work that goes into this bb'd, I feel this will be a very informative board and respect those working to make it all possible for us to enjoy.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

You did that? I didn't even notice! haha.. I'm just glad to be here and be involved. It is going to be a great resource. No way it couldn't with all of the talent we have here.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Good grief,
Jim,I am just noticing who is who on here (moderators etc. )and of coarse overlooked you are also a global moderator, the only one I am unsure of is "Rusty", whom I am not sure know I know him but give me a little time to keep straight here, I am recording on you tube etc. right now and doing this on my other computer, whew!!! Anyhow you all know I am appreciate of you all. Now back to work.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Gary, rusty is Wayne ( some name for a Eagle owner) the prez of the Eagles you belong too and a very open minded person when it comes to the Eagle chapter and Dale and Jim did all the work on this board some of us just pushed hard for it over the years( maybe to hard ) but it happen thanks to Wayne,Jim and Dale in less than a year
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Gary, thanks for the kind words about Pat. We have sure missed seeing you guys at Arcadia the past couple of years

At one time you offered a neat CD on you project and what to look for if you buy an Eagle. Any chance you would resurrect the CD and offer it for sale on the Eagle Mall?

It showed some of your great work and would be a benefit for folks just starting their project.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.