Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

HELP!!! I am needing some front end parts for my 1967 Eagle

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
GuitarLamp

HELP!!! I am needing some front end parts for my 1967 Eagle

Post by GuitarLamp »

HELP!!! I am needing some front end parts for my 1967 Eagle #7285...
I was told that Ed at Jefferson bus in OK may have the parts so I contacted him about parts & prices. He asked me to E mail him a list of what I needed, so I did: King Pin kit - right side, upper A arm bushings - both sides, break pads - all, Wheel seals - Front, rear & bogie, Torshion bars.

He got back to me with the part #'s & prices for some of the stuff. I tried to look / match up the #'s with my parts book but his #'s are different. It looks as if there are several front end versions. I just want to make sure that I get the right parts fo my bus so I took some pictures under the front end of my bus and E mailed them to him and asked if he could make sure these are the right parts... Have not heard back for a week but re-sent the E mail 2X and called once...

Also, I now know there are NO new torshion springs for my bus... Does anyone know - can my old ones be repaired? Can they be adjusted and still ride OK? My front end is about the right height but one side is a little higher than the other. The rear is low on both sides. Any ideas what to do about that?

Thanks for any advice,
Dan
SmoothJazz

Re: HELP!!! I am needing some front end parts for my 1967 Eagle

Post by SmoothJazz »

Dan, the Model 01 Eagle front end parts are different fromt the Model 05 and later Models. The front torsions can be interchanged with the later models. The rear and tag torsions are not available and not much if anything you can do to repair them. You may be able to adjust them if there is any adjustment left on the rods. There is a procedure to adjust the suspension that you should follow to make sure it is done correctly. As far as the parts you need for the front end, you can also try Franky Goodson at Goodson Bus Sales. His number is 828 four two eight 4102.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

Dan. I know of a model 05 that is been parted out. Has good suspension all the way around. Give me a call if interested 830-510-6882.

AL. proudeagle10
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

The rear axle torsalastics on the 01 are totally different than the 05.

Dan, Your parts manual should show both so you can see what I mean.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

I have a good set of 05 front torsions, on a pallet and ready to ship if you need them. Try adjusting your suspension first. Do your homework before you attempt this. If you are out of adjustment on the rear, it's airbag time. You can also install air on the front. Sonny Gray (Eagle club President) can install them for you. Great guy.
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

Dan.
Sorry. I made a mistake on my previous replay to your post. The bus that is being parted out is NOT an 05 model. It is a 01 model. Sorry for the confusion.

AL proudeagle10
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Al, Is that the one I got the grill off if? If so, they looked to be in pretty good condition, considering the age.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
1980 model 10