Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

What kind of Anti Freeze

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

What kind of Anti Freeze

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Guy's a quick ? Is there a certian kind of anti freeze that I should use in my 8v92 , Last year when I was down in phoenix I had the Eagle serviced at the place Cliford recomended and we flushed the system and put all new anti freeze in the system. But like a someone with sometimers I can't rememberwhat it was . Any thoughts Thanks Andy I think is was red
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: What kind of Anti Freeze

Post by beltguy »

Andy, for sure do not use the typical car type antifreeze!!

Diesels need antifreeze formulated for that application with special additives.

I always use DD product. It is a bit more expensive, but you know that you are using the correct product. DD antifreeze is pink. Obviously made by some supplier. I would bet that supplier also supplies the big truck dealers (Pete, Freightliner, etc), so you could consider getting the product there.

It is probably not a good thing to mix manufacturers, especially between car and diesel types.

The additives in the diesel antifreeze are depleted over time. DD (and others) have test strips to check for proper concentration. Since yours is only 1 year old, that would not be an issue.

It would probably be worth your time to contact the folks who did the work and find out what product they used.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Thanks Jim , I will do that I will give them a call today . and while I have you is Dave Galeybook on plumbing a good investement to help me plan my new plumbing ? have you had a chance to see it . Thanks again
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Andy, any Galey book is a great reference. I am sure I have the book (think I have them all).

However, I am not sure what Dave recommends (my library is at home and I am in Yuma :D ). There have been a lot of technology improvements over the years.

I used PEX and strongly recommend the product. You can see a bit about my plumbing on my project pages.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

You lucky dog , that's my wife's love spot we spent a month out in the east end of yuma when we were fulltiming and loved it . I too am going to use plex ,Iam looking for ideas on how to do a neat clean job. We have that plex in our home and it is really nice. Thanks for the info enjoy the weather 8-)
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Andy, any good heavy duty pre- charged anti freeze extened life will work for you in your 8v92 if you have a water filter don't even worry about the pre-charge stuff the best buy I found is Alliance Brand the house brand for Freightliner Trucks sold at their dealers don't worry about distlled water buy some from a RO machine in front of the local stores then buy some test strips to get the balance right.I just changed mine and it was on the money I needed no chemicals just don't mix green with red., Zerex extened life will work good for you around 20 bucks a gal now.FWIW I was told you cannot buy extened life in any color but red now cost me a change because of this good luck

clifford