Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

In over my head ?

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
van
Club Member
Club Member

In over my head ?

Post by van »

Hi all,I've taken on quite a few major restoration projects on by myself in the past some requiring 3 even 4 personel to complete because I was to proud to ask for help,but now I have to ask myself the question am I "In over my head" or just out of my mind? just picked up my new cyl heads from Don Fairchild's shop and am ready to get to work reInstalling them but for some reason now I am hesitant on trying to manipulate the heads into position for torqueing .I guess reason 1 is I'm nervous that the o-ring seals might move on me and I won't see it cause I have to operate the lift and guide the head down at the same time and can't observe the two operations simultaniously.The second reason is the terrain I'm forced to work on (dirt and gravel)despite having ply wood under the lift it's alittle difficult to manuver with out damaging the head.
My resources restrict me from out sourcing the work other wise we would already be enjoying the converting and steel tenting part of owning our EAGLE.Unfortunatley now that all the new parts are ready I have only a week to get her back together and vacate the property where she currently resides :o .What's a eagle owner to do :? ?So I submit to you all my dilema :oops: .

any advise ,help,admonishments,rebukes welcome :shock:

as always thanks in advance

Van

P.S This takes being "spread Eagle" :shock:
to a new level for me.LOL.
Last edited by van on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: In over my head ?

Post by rusty »

Van Sorry I am no help. It's amasing what these machines make us do. I uderstand your situation. Maybe someone closer than myself can give you a hand. Hang in there.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

thanks Rusty,ain't much I can do right now cept to hang in :cry: ,clifford said he might be able to come up to help me adjust the rack and valves :D and has already loaned me pretty much every thing I could need special tools,lift and the resource to get my new heads done right :oops: .We're almost there :D ,I think considering what I've jump into here(buying a bus)the worst is behind us. :roll: and the good times yet to come 8-) ,No more spread eagle! :shock:

Let the good times roll

Van
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I figure all of us at one time or other feel like we are in over our heads. I still feel that way most of the time, but I have my eye on the prize! That is what makes it all worth it. And the fact that you can find someone here who has experienced just about every situation and can offer advice means that while we may be in over our head, we will not drown.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

amen Preacher,tell it like it is .van
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Van,

Wish I were closer to give you a hand, I sure would be right there. I find that to be the most dissheartening part of being a bus nut, that is the part that, we are all so far apart. Thank goodness for the web.

....................Kentucky Steve ...................
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks steve ,it means alot .Van
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Allright Van get your stuff ready and call me with directions I am coming Wed to help you get 1 day buddy,so make the most of it and I don't work for AM PM hot dogs got to be a least Buger King
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

"And the man said the bus gods have been bery bery good to me" ;) cliff I knew that you couldn't refuse buddy,Thanks ever so much.Caution:just be prepared to get a big ol hug from my 6'2" inch wife.I just told Cheryl you would come up and she yelled out YAHOO ,sojust be fore warned :lol:

You're the best :)

Van
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

If Clifford is giving you the entire day you might as well go ahead and do the inside of the bus as well! :D
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN