Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS ****

There is a plan in place for a new administrator who will restore and update this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum continues to be in low maintenance mode untill the new administrator is fully on board. The "registration" and "contact us" options are not active.

WHICH ENGINE???

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Re: WHICH ENGINE???
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi Sonnie,how much HP are ya squeezin out of that 3406?,is it maxed or can you get more from it ?I have always been a Kitty Cat fan,and should my whiz bang 6 ever give up the ghost I would like to retro fit with a CAT :) Van
van
Club Member
Club Member

Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:04 pm

Van

My 3406 is just 350 Hp. Yes it can be increased. but with so much torque
I have not needed any more Hp.

Sonnie & Patti Gray
72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat
Pottsboro, Texas

See you at Quartzsite.
Sonnie Gray
Club Officer
Club Officer

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Ahoy, Eagles,

I installed a Cummins M-11 in my -01 Eagle. I'm very pleased with it, but I wish that it had the SAE J-1939 protocol plug (like the ISM) so that I could install an Autoshift transmission.

I suspect that any of the modern engines are very adequate for the moderate service and miles that we put on our Eagles.

Happy New Year /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:19 am

ISM 450 with Allison World in mine. Love it. Getting 9.5 mpg. Used zero oil in the 10k I have put on it so far.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Can anyone tell me where I might find an ISM engine these days??? I need the complete truck if possible. I checked with the guy in UTAH...NO LUCK. I also checked with Richard Kerns Truck Parts, he only want to sell me an engine with an equal core. Please advise A.S.A.P. I have someone who will do the job and I want to hurry before he change his mind!!!
--
BILL
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Previous

Return to Eagle Tech