Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

WHICH ENGINE???

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: WHICH ENGINE???

Post by van »

Hi Sonnie,how much HP are ya squeezin out of that 3406?,is it maxed or can you get more from it ?I have always been a Kitty Cat fan,and should my whiz bang 6 ever give up the ghost I would like to retro fit with a CAT :) Van
Sonnie Gray
Club Officer
Club Officer
FMCA #: F215907
Bus Model: 72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat, 70 0/5, 85 Model 10

Post by Sonnie Gray »

Van

My 3406 is just 350 Hp. Yes it can be increased. but with so much torque
I have not needed any more Hp.

Sonnie & Patti Gray
72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat
Pottsboro, Texas

See you at Quartzsite.
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F92654
Bus Model: Eagle -01 1967 Cummins M-11 10 spd OD RR

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Eagles,

I installed a Cummins M-11 in my -01 Eagle. I'm very pleased with it, but I wish that it had the SAE J-1939 protocol plug (like the ISM) so that I could install an Autoshift transmission.

I suspect that any of the modern engines are very adequate for the moderate service and miles that we put on our Eagles.

Happy New Year /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

ISM 450 with Allison World in mine. Love it. Getting 9.5 mpg. Used zero oil in the 10k I have put on it so far.
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Can anyone tell me where I might find an ISM engine these days??? I need the complete truck if possible. I checked with the guy in UTAH...NO LUCK. I also checked with Richard Kerns Truck Parts, he only want to sell me an engine with an equal core. Please advise A.S.A.P. I have someone who will do the job and I want to hurry before he change his mind!!!
--
BILL