Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

CAT C15 THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

CAT C15 THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

I know Sonny will probably be the one to answer this question. However, I need help from anyone who might know ho to get the seals out of the thermostat housing for the 2 thermostats. I have 2 replacement seals. The 2 I have dont look anything like the 2 that are in the housing now :shock: . I didn't notice anything wrong with the 2 that are already in the housing now. Can I use them or will this cause thermostat failure in the future? If anyone has a manual for the C15 please let me know. I have torn down my engine and do not want to put it back without some type of reassurance :? !!!
--
BILL

OH! MERRY CHISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Re: CAT C15 THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Well I guess I had to answer my own question!!!
Thanks all!!!
--
BILL
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

What did you learn? I don't have an engine like that but I am still interested. I figure most people were doing the family thing today and didn't check the forum much.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Well I did that thing that most people do when something is broken. I investigated it to its capacity. After breaking it, I found out how to fix it with a rubber hammer, a pair of pliers, and believe or not, a campbell's soup can.
I replaced the seals and had nothing big enough to install them but a can of tomato soup. The can fit perfectly. I used the rubber hammer to keep from adding tomatoe soup to the antifreeze. I haven't been able to fire her up to see if she leaks yet because I broke a hose clamp. I think she will be ok though...I have a hose clamp coming to me tomorrow.

I wanted you to call me as soon as you were able to do so...not today because after all, it is Christmas. In my line of work, I had to do what I had to do. I will try to get you some pictures of the siding tomorrow. I tried to call but my phone has programmed all of your numbers to the office number some how. I will need to get your cell again and delete your office number so this won't happen again.
--
BILL
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I just PM'd you all of my numbers. I don't know if you are home or somewhere else so I won't call this early. But if you get this message, I am awake so call anytime.

That's cool about the soup can! One of my first on-the-road experiences with Marie taught her the greatness of duct tape when we were able to get home from Arizona instead of being stuck! haha
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN