Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

bleeding air from cooling system ?

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
van
Club Member
Club Member

bleeding air from cooling system ?

Post by van »

Hi fellas ,ok here goes ,after clifford and I rebuilt my 6V92ta MUI I ony installed water in the system ,well now there are no leaks and the temps falling near freezing ,time to replace with anti freeze/water mix ,any thoughts on properly bleeding air from the cooling system ? Suggestions,rebukes,dirty jokes ,free gas cards,etc will gladly be accepted(pleeze) :lol: 8-)
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Re: bleeding air from cooling system ?

Post by Boomer »

There should be a drain cock on the crossover pipe between the stat housings. After the engine is full of 50/50 coolant, crack the cock open and start the engine. Even with full coolant, it's possible to have an air pocket in the heads, which can crack one. This is more likely when installing a new head with no residual coolant left in it, but be careful. Don't ask me how I know.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: bleeding air from cooling system ?

Post by van »

Hi mark,thanks for responding so quickly.As I recall there is nothing on the cross over ,might be an oportunityto put one in ,Have to drain the water out any way.I think I just read (on the other board)that r.j Long was having one put in on his bus as part of the in frame that is on going.Would that be the best place to install it ,on the crossover I mean?or would another location be more suited for it's purpose?thanks ;).I think that was one of my concerns after clifford and I installed my new heads.Thats how I know there is none ,after defunking and repainting the plumbing :shock: . whould an air pocket cause the engine to run hotter than normal?thanks again.