Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Air valve lines

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Air valve lines

Post by luvrbus »

Do any of you fellows now what the valve in the fender well by the door is for and where does it tie into looking at mine it goes to the towing supply but not for sure with the bumper on.I know it can not be important as most are removed.Eric needs help with this on the MAK board

good luck
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Air valve lines

Post by van »

Clifford if I remember correctly there were release valves (emergency) I think on both sides of the door along with all the supply air and maybe a bypass (probably wrong word for it.The one behind the plate is for to release the brakes , on mine it airs the entire system .good luck 8-)
By the way what model is it? and if it is an earlier model (01 05 10 etc)than mine are they plumbed the same way? I will try and research :idea:

ok I just checked the schematic I have ,there are 2 manually operated emergency release valves (left side of door 1 up and 1 lower)fed from the aux tank via line#51 to each valve they both send the air via line#52(there are 2 seperate #52 lines,one from each valve) into the (r.side of the door ,inside )stair well emergency realease valve,from there it's onto the dash valve via line#53 and back to the door cylinders :? .the supply line that you would air up from the front must be plumbed to the supply feeding the aux tank. ;)

the towing supply does not appear to be plumbed to the door circuit :)
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I posted some pics on the MAK Board on our 01, let's see if it helps in any way.

Clifford, That line on mine is like this. The top line on the valve comes from the front tank, the bottom goes to the front then across behind the bumper in front of the foot treadle valve and up through the floor up by driver for the door valve.

HTH
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Paul, I don't know what this guy has, the spare model 05 I have has spring brakes a E-6 foot valve also and has nothing like he is discribing and I told him about the valves to release the brakes but he said he didn't have that.On the 05 I have the towing air comes from the front to a valve in the front wheel well and back to the front tank.This bus is all orignial from the factory the 8v71 is the only thing that has been changed.I hope you can help him.

Clifford
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Clifford, We'll see if I can help him or not, kinda hard with so many miles in between.

I posted the same pics in my project thread, cause I might forget where I put them! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Paul, this is where you run into problems with the model 05 the early ones are plumbed like a 01 the Belgium made 05 are different than the Brownsville made and the 80 models are plumbed like a model 10.He needs to call Dan or Norris with the serial number and that may not help. good luck
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Clifford, That's why I have elec schematics for the early 05's, I'm finding stuff that applies to both my 01 and early 05's. :o
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740