Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Truck weight scales

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F92654
Bus Model: Eagle -01 1967 Cummins M-11 10 spd OD RR

Truck weight scales

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Eagles,

I tried to post this earlier, but lost it.

I want to 'tune' the suspension of my -01 Eagle before I take it for a proper front end alignment.

I tried -- years ago - to adjust the suspension with a hydraulic jack and a (good) pressure gage. Poor result. The jack (a good one from Grainger) had a surprising amount of friction, and was also quite sensitive to side load. Maybe 15%-- 20% of the pressure was hysterisis friction. I just did not achieve good repeatable results. SO:

Does anyone know where I can beg-borrow-rent-buy an electronic portable truck weight jack?? None to be found on ebay.

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Truck weight scales

Post by luvrbus »

Bob, how big of hurry are you in I have a set with the spacers for the other axles but a friend of mine in Idaho is using them now but I will have them back at the end of the year and you are welcome to borrow them but shipping cost a fortune being they are so heavy.

Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

That's what I love about bus nuts! Always willing to help each other out!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Dale, got any Jakes for sale MAK board people are looking for some LOL

Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

haha... Actually, no I don't. But Don does! I'm glad I can list them over here and help people out without getting nasty PMs from people who have no authority anyway! :lol:
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Bob, I have a set of blocks and a scale to weight your bus. If clifford's offer does not work out I will bring the scale to Quartzsite. You will have to ship it back to Colo. I will bring the blocks if you like but you are better off making your own rather than shipping mine back.

Good luck Wayne
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F92654
Bus Model: Eagle -01 1967 Cummins M-11 10 spd OD RR

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Wayne,

Sounds GREAT. Just the one scale will do me just fine, at Quartzsite. I'll make my own blocks, and send the scale back to you when done.

Thanks Lottz!!!

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110